Thorold is known mainly for the Welland Canal. In 2016, its population was 18,801.
Provincial Highways 406 and 20 run through it.
- Welland Canal. The Welland Canal is a ship canal connecting Lake Ontario and Lake Erie. It's part of the Erie Canal, and is a tourist attraction.
- 1 Short Hills Provincial Park, Pelham Rd, ☏ . The Short Hills Provincial Park is a 735-hectare natural park that features a pond, lakes and streams that are good for fishing, and also has trails good for hiking, biking and horseback riding.
- Howell Family Pumpkin Farm, 2878 Holland Rd, ☏ . Children's amusement center pumpkin farm. There are mazes and food, though it can be a little expensive.
- Beechwood Golf & Social House, 4680 Thorold Townline Rd, ☏ . Country club on the site of an 1813 battle. Has an 18-hole golf course and a dining clubhouse.
- Foodland - Thorold, 9 Pine St N, ☏ . Grocery store in Thorold, Ontario, Canada. Many products there are gluten-free and vegan-friendly.
- Big Red Market, 206 Richmond St, ☏ . The Big Red Market is a butcher shop deli in Thorold, Ontario, Canada, located in a shopping complex at Richmond Street. They sell high-quality meat and fresh produce.
- Avondale Food Stores, 206 Richmond St, ☏ . Convenience store that is located in the same complex as the Big Red Market. It's well-stocked, has a good atmosphere, and has a lot of good basic food and drinks.
- Riganelli's Bakery Ltd, 16 Ormond St S, ☏ . They offer freshly-made bread and provide takeout. The staff are very friendly.
- Karma Kameleon Gastropub, 1 Front St N, ☏ . Dine-in and takeout, but not delivery. The menu is small but the food and service are good.
- Thorold Fish and Chips, 46 Front St N, ☏ . Takeaway and delivery restaurant that serves mostly fish and chips. It does not offer dine-in. The food is good, and comes in good-sized portions. The cost is also reasonable.
- The Overtime Pub, 206 Richmond St, ☏ . Located in the same complex as the Big Red Market. It has good portions, cold beer, and fair prices.
- Pine Hotel, 141 Pine St S (near the State Highway 58 freeway), ☏ . A bar, more run-down than most other other bars in the town. Many say that it was once good, but it changed, and is now bad.
- Harry's New York Bar, 1 Front St S, ☏ . It offers cheap but delicious food.