One can view the scenery.
- 1 Madison Buffalo Jump State Park, 6990 Buffalo Jump Rd, ☏ . Daily, daylight hours. Situated on the edge of a valley created by the Madison River, this high cliff was used by Native Americans for at least 2,000 years. Native people stampeded vast herds of bison off this cliff, using them for food, clothing and shelter. $6/car.
- Headwaters Heritage Museum, 202 S. Main (at the corner of Main and Cedar). June 1 through September 30. Free.
- 2 Missouri Headwaters State Park, 1585 Trident Rd.
If you're into rodeos, then you are in for a treat. Three Forks is home to the Three Forks Rodeo, and several other horse related events.
Montana Antique Aircraft Association Fly-In is an annual event at Pogreba Field.
One of the local favorite outdoor activities is a trip to Lewis and Clark Caverns State Park. The park offers guided tours with exceptional and friendly staff daily from May 1st to September 30th. They also have camping, rental cabins, and a quaint cafe and gift shop. Be prepared though; the tours are two miles long and take two hours and there are over 600 stairs to navigate.
- Three Forks Cafe, 24 Main St, ☏ .
- Frontier Club, 213 Main St, ☏ .
- Plaza Bar, 204 Main St, ☏ .
- Sacajawea Hotel, 5 Main St, ☏ . Hotel has been tastefully renovated to feel at once inviting, up to date and rustic.
- Broken Spur Motel, 124 W Elm, ☏ . Charming old school motel with clean and pleasant rooms, free wifi, complimentary shampoo and soap.
- [dead link] Fort Three Forks Motel and RV Park, 10775 Highway 287, Three Forks MT 59752 (Turn north off Interstate 90 Exit #274 onto Hwy 287), ☏ , toll-free: . Check-in: 3 PM, check-out: 10 AM.