Tok is a town in Interior Alaska.
|Climate chart (explanation)|
Tok is an important highway junction. Most visitors coming in from The Yukon will cross the border at Port Alcan and follow the Alaska Highway to Tok. From there they can head north to Fairbanks or the Denali Highway or south to Valdez and routes to the MatSu valley and Anchorage.
The "downtown" portion of Tok is spread along the highway. There are local taxis but no other public transit.
Frankly, Tok is not in one of the more scenic areas of the state. The region is mostly flat with young forests that are still recovering from many wildfires in the region.
- Windsock Pizza, ☏ .
- Fast Eddies, ☏ . Pizza, burgers and sandwiches, salad bar.
- Husky Lounge, 1313 Alaska Hwy, ☏ .
- A Mooseberry Inn B&B, 3 Maes Way, ☏ .
- Caribou Cabins, Borealis Avenue, ☏ .
- Discovery Inn B&B, ☏ .
- Sourdough RV Park, ☏ .
- Tok River State Recreation Site, 1309 Alaska Hwy, ☏ .
|Routes through Tok|
|Anchorage ← Glennallen ←||W E||→ END|
|Fairbanks ← Delta Junction ←||N S||→ → becomes → Haines Junction → Whitehorse|