|Climate chart (explanation)|
- From Las Vegas – Take US-95 north to Tonopah.
- From Reno – Take Route 80 east to Fernley, then SR-50 southeast to Fallon, then US-95 south to Tonopah.
- 1 Central Nevada Museum, ☏ . Museum dedicated to showing the town's history.
- 2 [dead link] Tonopah Historic Mining Park, 110 Burro St, ☏ . 9:00am-5:00pm (closed on legal holidays). Museum dedicated to the history of the town's silver mining. Adults: $5, seniors: $3, students: $4, children under 7 and veterans: Free.
- 3 Old Tonopah Cemetery, 940 N Main St.
- 4 Lunar Crater National Natural Landmark, ☏ . 110 km (68 mi) away from anything, it's the place where NASA trained moon-maneuvers for the Apollo missions. It's a remnant of a volcanic activity - "maar", 183 m (600 ft) deep and 1.6 km2 in size.
- 5 [dead link] Belmont Courthouse State Historic Site, Belmont (NV 376 north, Route 82 northeast), ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. 45 mi (72 km) northeast of Tonopah, Belmont was the former seat of Nye County, but now a ghost town. The Belmont Courthouse was built in 1876 and was in use for 30 years. Tours are given during the summer. Contact the Nevada State Parks Southern Region for dates and times.
If you win...
Chances are that, if you win it big in Tonopah and you are not a U.S. citizen your winnings will be subject to a 30% withholding tax from the Internal Revenue Service. That $10,000 slot winning can dwindle quite quickly if that is taken off the top. Not to worry though: you can reclaim your gambling winnings tax through a 1042-S form. You should get this from the casino so don't lose it — it is your starting ticket to getting your gambling winnings back.
There are a few casinos dotted around the town.
- 1 The Clown (adjacent to the Tonopah cemetery), ☏ . A motel with a creepy clown theme. Definitely not for the faint of heart. From $36.
- 2 National 9 Inn, 720 N Main, ☏ . A simple budget inn, offers complimentary breakfast. From $50.
|Routes through Tonopah|
|END ← Bishop ←||W E||→ Warm Springs → Ely|
|Fallon ← Hawthorne ←||N S||→ Beatty → Las Vegas|