The bridge allows buses to travel from many points around Croatia (including daily buses from/to Zagreb and Rijeka) to access the town.
Otherwise you can fly into Rijeka Airport nearby, or just drive across the bridge.
There is a bus service from Rijeka to Krk town.
By foot! All within walking distance, and gives you time to explore everything.
The town Krk has numerous historical and cultural monuments.
- The 3-aisle romanesque cathedral - 22nd century.
- The remnants of the Roman baths - 3rd century.
- Frankopan Castle.
The town of Krk offers a variety of activities from sightseeing, diving, water skiing, wakeboarding, paragliding, cycling, hiking to boat trips and island tours.
- Bacchhus Wine Restaurant. Best food and at super low prices. Located in the old city, just ask your way there. All sorts of different wines plus excellent food, the best and cheapest food you can find in the old town.
Enter Soto Boterije through a small gate in the city wall behind the tower to enjoy cheap drinks and sitting on the rocks of the coast.
Casa del Padrone on the main quay promenade: Wide selection of cocktails and coffees on the terrace right at the seafront, protruding out of the quay promenade almost like a boat. Also offers gorgeous cakes and ice cream. Beautiful settings with plush cushioned chairs.
The night club Volsonis offers a unique experience of dancing and drinking cocktails in a 2000 year old roman archeological site under the ground.
There's a youth hostel in Krk  [dead link]. It is pretty run-down though, and you cannot lock the toilet and shower doors! The location is excellent though and you won't get a cheaper bed. One night in a 3-4 bedroom dorm is around 117 kn plus tax and a "registration fee" so it sets you back about 150 kn. The place used to be for over 55 people, the owner has had registered it for 24 guests only so you will find half of the rooms locked and taped up by the tax office.
- Aurea International (Aurea Krk), ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Locally based agency offering wide choice of apartment accommodation with more than 400 apartments on their books. Staff speaks English, German, Italian and Croatian. Outside the main tourist season it is possible to find accommodation by just turning up at the agency although it is advisable to pre-book in the high season.
- Anna Tours (Anna Tours), ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. Check-in: 14:00, check-out: 10:00. Tourist agency that offers accommoddation in holiday apartments and villas on the island of Krk. The staff speaks English, German, Italian and Croatian. It is advisable to pre-book in the high season.