town in the Rhein-Sieg district, in North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany
- 1 Tourist Information, Burgallee 1, 53840 Troisdorf, ☏ , ✉ Tourist-Information@Troisdorf.de. Mondays closed, Tuesday-Friday 11:00 - 17:00, Saturday, Sunday, public holidays 10:00 - 18:00 Uhr. The tourist information offers almost all the help a tourist could need. They also have brochures about walking tours in English.
- 1 Troisdorf Railway station. Troisdorf is only connected with local trains (S / RE trains). A ride to the city center of Cologne takes around 20min.
- 1 Burg Wissem. Close to the city centre of Troisdorf exists a castle built in the 16th century. It is called Burg Wissem and also inhabits a museum of childrens' storybooks and the civil registry office. Through it's red coloured walls it can easily be discovered by foreigners.
- 2 Fischereimuseum. Bergheim, a suburb of Troisdorf, is an old fishermen village. The Fischereimuseum hosts an exhibition about history of 'Fischereibruderschaft' (the ancient fishermen guild) and other local habits. After visiting the museum explore the beautiful floodplains around the museum
- 1 Pedestrian area. As common in other German cities, Troisdorf also has a long pedestrian area where several different shops can be found.
Troisdorf has several hotels due to its close location to Cologne airport.