The local airport is at 1437 N Highway 2.
Troy is on the north end of Montana 56 traveling from highway 200, on US Highway 2, between Libby, Montana and Bonners Ferry, Idaho
No taxi or bus services are available.
With its scenic beauty, Troy is a great place for outdoor recreation. There are hiking trails, snowmobiling in the winter months, camping, nature trails, boating or rafting on the Kootenai river, bird watching, and plenty of fishing year round.
- 1 Kootenai Falls & Swinging Bridge (From Troy, travel east on Highway 2 to mile marker 21. It is a half-mile walk to the falls). The largest undammed falls in the state of Montana. Free.
- 2 R.eal A.rt W.orks, 600 East Missoula Ave, Suite A, ☏ . Tues-Sat 10AM-5PM. Featuring the works of nearly 20 local artists.
- Ross Creek Cedar Grove, four miles off of Bull Lake Road / Highway 56. 100 acre ancient grove of western red cedars with self-guided nature trail loop
- 3 Bull Lake, South from Troy on highway 56.
- Teddy Roosevelt's initials, 301 E. Kootenai. Troy's current city hall.
- Scenic Tour of the Kootenai River 2-Day Bike Ride (May)
- Timberbeast Disc Golf Tournament (June)
- On July 4 there is a fireworks show and parade.
- Sit in the valley and stare at the Cabinet Mountains.
- Troy Snowmobile Club, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Snowmobiling information for the area.
- Callahan Creek Scenic Trail.
- Lincoln Theatre, 312 Kootenai Avenue, ☏ .
- 4th of July (Troy's Old Fashioned 4th of July), Roosevelt Park.
- Yaak Falls.
- Lake Creek, 8890 Lower Lake Creek Road (south from Troy on scenic Lake Creek Road). A beautiful stream, flowing from Bull Lake in the south to the Kootenai, with epic trout fishing. Year round.
- 1 Kootenai Kupboard, 612 Missoula Ave, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. Mon, Tues, Thurs, Fri- 8:30AM to 6PM Weds, Sat - 8:30AM to 5PM. Deli sandwiches, Meat & Cheese, Home Style Baked Goods
- 2 R Place Restaurant, 616 E. Missoula Ave (on Highway 2 right across from the Troy Museum), ☏ . Mon-Sat 10AM-9PM, Sundays 11AM-9PM. sit-down or drive-thru window service; hot and cold sandwiches, seafood, Mexican, and hamburgers
- 3 Stein's Market.
- Halfway House, 14891 Bull Lake Rd.
- Kootenai River Camp and Cabins (RV pull-through sites and cabins), 11251 US Hwy. 2 (2 miles west), ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Payne Creek Cabin Rental, 1037 Mountain View Drive.
- Lake Creek Inn.
- Rustic Bunkhouse on the Kootenai River.
- The Kootenai River Campground, ☏ .
- Kootenai River Outfitters.
- Yaak River Resort, 27744 Yaak River Rd.
- Cool Creek Ranch, ☏ .
- Double JBed & Breakfast, 16995 US-2.
- MT Lake Creek Vacation Rental, 842 Lake Creek Rd, ☏ .
- The Nest a log cabin on Lake Creek.
|Routes through Troy|
|Spokane ← Bonners Ferry ←||W E||→ Libby → Kalispell|