Tumkur or Tumakuru is a district in Karnataka State.
- 1 Devarayanadurga — a small peak, which is home to a hill temple
By Road: It is 69 km from Bangalore. Tumkur is connected by National Highway 48 from Belagavi, Dharwad, Hubbali, and Davangere . There is another National Highway 73 from Mangalore via Belthangady, Ujire, Charmadi, Kottigehara, Banakal, Mudigere, Belur, Halebidu, Javagal, Banavara, Arasikere and Tiptur. There are Karnataka State Road Transport Corporation Buses (KSRTC) buses from many other districts to Tumkur. There are many Karnataka state highways (SH) roads which connect district to neighbouring districts of Karnataka (Karunadu) state.
By Rail: Tumkur district is connected by railway line to Bangalore and Hubli. Tumkur, Tiptur and Gubbi are important railway stations of the district.
By KSRTC buses or hired private taxi.
- Devrayanadurga. - Top of the hill 15 Kilometre from Tumakuru. Also Shri Yoga Lakshmi Narasimha Swamy Temple is near by.
- Shivagange Hill. Good for hiking
- Kaggaladu Bird Sanctuary which is about 10 Kilometre from Sira town. Peak season to see birds is from February to August.
- Siddaganga Matha a monastery of Veerashaiva's.
- Ramdevara Betta trek to this hill near Siddaganga matha.
- Kaidala Shree Chenna Keshava swamy Temple built by Jakkanachari the master sculptor.
- There are many large lakes in Tumkur district at Nonnavinakere, Malaghattakere and Turuvekere. These water bodies are soothing to eyes during monsoon seasons.
Visit Solar Park which has area of 13000 acres covered with solar panels generating around 600 Megawatt of electric power. This solar park is situated at Pavagada taluk of Tumakuru district. Madugiri Fort which is at top of steep hill at Madhugiri town in the district. Madhugiri is about 100 Kilometre from Bengaluru.
- The Hut, North Indian Restaurant (Veg), 2nd Cross, M G Road.
- Hotel Hoysala, North & South (Veg) Restaurant, Vidyanagar, B.H. Road.
- Nammura Ahaar, Bekary & Chats, Opp. Aralikatte, S.S.Puram.
- Cluxi, best fried veg and non veg restaurant
- The Meridien, Non veg restaurant
- Suwaiba, Best non veg restaurant
Tender Coconut water. There are plenty of Coconut trees in Tumkur district.
There are decent lodges to sleep at Tumkur and Tiptur.