county seat of Lake County, Minnesota
Minnesota State Highway 61 is the only route into town. It stretches from Duluth in the south, through Two Harbors, all the way to the Canadian border at Grand Portage. From there it becomes Ontario Highway 61 and continues to Thunder Bay.
- 1 Depot Museum (Duluth and Iron Range Depot), 520 South Ave, ☏ . A former train station built by the Duluth and Iron Range Railroad. Today it is maintained by the Lake County Historical Society as a history museum.
- 2 Lighthouse Point and Harbor Museum (Two Harbors Light Station), ☏ . The oldest lighthouse in Minnesota. Keepers quarters now used as a bed and breakfast (see below).
- 3 [dead link] Split Rock Lighthouse, 3713 Split Rock Lighthouse Rd, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 Lighthouse Bed & Breakfast, 1 Lighthouse Point, ☏ , toll-free: , ✉ email@example.com.
- 2 Country Inn of Two Harbors, 1204 7th Ave, ☏ , toll-free: , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Check-in: 3PM, check-out: 11AM. 46 room, midscale hotel with an indoor swimming pool, whirlpool & sauna. Free WiFi. Free hot breakfast buffet. 100% non-smoking. Pet friendly rooms available. On-site mini golf course.