Ulverstone is a seaside town in north-west Tasmania, at the mouth of the Leven River.
Ulverstone is located on the Leven River. It has many nice cafes and boutique shops.
Bus services (Metro Tasmania, Mersey Link and Redline) operate in and around Ulverstone and connect to other destinations around the state. However, driving a private car is the easiest and fastest option to travel around Tasmania.
Walking is the best way to get around the town as all of the main areas are within a fifteen-minute walking distance.
- 1 Leven Canyon (Leven Canyon Regional Reserve).
- Lillico Beach. See the penguins walk up the beach each evening.
- Ulverstone History Museum, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. 1:30PM–4:30PM (subject to volunteer availability, phoning ahead is recommended). A collection of local historical artefacts are displayed.
- Kaydale Lodge Gardens, 250 Loongana Road, Nietta (30-min drive inland from Ulverstone near Leven Canyon), ☏ . Every day 9AM to sunset. Diverse 3 hectare gardens. Morning and afternoon tea available. $5.
- 1 Gunns Plains Caves, Gunns Plains Road (Approximately 20 minutes' drive from Ulverstone). Daily tours at 10am, 11am, noon, 1.30pm, 2.30pm and 3.30pm.
- Cradle Coast Farmers Market (On the banks of the Leven River). 8:30–12:30 PM Sundays.
- Tastrofest - Annual science and astronomy festival. Well worth going if you are in the state. Lots of free/cheap, interesting and interactive workshops and talks. Usually runs from the 3rd to the 5th of August.