(Redirected from User:Zerabat/East Region (Uruguay))
This is a Wikivoyage user page.
The east region is a tourist region of Uruguay that includes the departments of Cerro Largo, Treinta y Tres, Lavalleja, Maldonado and Rocha.
- Cabo Polonio - beach hippie community with dope, dreadlocks and not much else
- Chuy - border crossing town with Brazil
- La Paloma - sleepy old fishing village much beloved by the dreadlocked
- Punta del Diablo
- Punta del Este - world famous beach party town
- Maldonado - the capital of the eponymous department
- Cerro Arequita (near Minas, Lavalleja) - a famous hill with caves. Nearby is the Isla de Ombues which is the largest aggrupation of the giant Ombu tree in the world.
- Quebrada de los Cuervos (near Trenta y Tres) - considered the most beautiful national park in Uruguay.