Valencia International Airport Arturo Michelena (VLN). Take taxi to any hotel. The airport has Hertz and National car rentals counters.
Maiquetia International Airport (CCS IATA) the biggest airport in Venezuela is just outside of Caracas, then drive 2 or more hours west in Autopista Regional del Centro ( approximately 220 km. This is the main highway connecting the two cities. Some portion tolls.
Valencia is connected to other main cities through a series of well-kept highways.
There are bus connections from Caracas, Barquisimeto, Mérida and Maracaibo. The main bus terminal is located in the Big Low Centre, a popular shopping center to the Northeast of Valencia and close to the San Diego region. Travelers need to take another bus or taxi to go from there to the city of Valencia.
Buses, taxis. Bus routes can be confusing, and stops are not announced. Taxis can be taken anywhere. Underground Metro is under construction and there are some stations already opened.
In the city centreEdit
- Plaza Bolívar and cathedral as well assome historical buildings like
- Casa Paez: former residence of one of the first presidents of Venezuela and Independence military, Páez.
- Casa Celis: colonial house from the XVIII, also a museum
- Old Faculty of Law: 18th-century building
- Municipal Theatre: the region's main theatre, built at the end of the 19th century.
In the North of the cityEdit
- Malls like Sambil
- The Forum
- A soccer game at Polideportivo Misael Delgado
- Art Museum
- Negra Hipólita Park
- [dead link] Las Trincheras, Freeway Valencia - Pto. Cabello, Sector Las Trincheras, Edo. Carabobo, ☏ . Natural thermal hot springs, spa, and hotel.
- Indian petroglyphs in Vigirima (40 minutes towards the northeast), no public transportation.
- Monastery in Güigüe (40 minutes to the south)
- Acuario de Valencia  (Acuario de Valencia).
- The parque Casupo is an excellent area for hiking. It is west of the city and it offers a good view of Valencia.
Sambil Mall is an upscale mall. However, it is not cheap. Cheaper options with more variety include Metropolis and Multicentro.
Most restaurants are located in the renown calle de los Cafes in la Viña neighborhood. There are differing opinions about how safe it is to walk around especially at night. Several options available.
Auyama Cafe Kaffas Bambu Lounge
Polarcita, Solera. This are the most popular beers. Frescolita is a unique soda to this country.
Intercontinental Hotel, Hotel Guaparo, Hotel Stauffer. Many other smaller hotels are found throughout the city.
There are reports of travelers being robbed by the police at the bus station.