- Vallemi is the final stop of the Cacique II cargo boat which leaves Concepción on Thursday evening. The ride takes about 30 hours and costs 53,000 Guarani. Ask the captain to sleep on board for free on Friday night.
- The Aquidaban cargo boat also arrives in Vallemi on Wednesday afternoon before continuing on to Bahia Negra.
There are bus connections to Concepción but they are erratic, especially during rainy season.
- There are some caves nearby that are worth exploring but are not very easy to reach from Vallemi.
- Paraguay's biggest cement factory is in Vallemi. To arrange a tour, walk there and talk to the guard at the entrance.
- El Meson. Brazilian owned and is located across the street from the main plaza. Basic rooms from 30,000 Gs..