Venice Marco Polo Airport (VCE IATA) is the main airport of Veneto. It is 13 km from Venice and 8 km from Mestre and it is the third busiest airport in Italy after Rome Fiumicino and Milan Malpensa airports.
The airport was named after the Venetian traveller Marco Polo.
There are some domestic flights, flights from many European cities, and intercontinental flights from New York JFK, Atlanta, Philadelphia, Montréal, Toronto, Casablanca, Tunis, Yerevan, Dubai, Doha, Tel Aviv, Istanbul and Seoul Incheon.
The airport terminal has three floors: the ground floor for arrivals and the second floor for departures. The departure area has 70 check-in desks and has two lounges airside for customers. The two departure lounges are the "Tintoretto Lounge" for SkyTeam customers and the "Marco Polo Room" for customers of all other companies. The third floor of the terminal has offices for the operating company and airlines. The departure gates area is separated for Schengen and non-Schengen flights.
Ground transportation Edit
By car Edit
- From Bologna: Take the A13 motorway towards Padua, then merge onto the A4 towards Venice. Continue to the Venice-Mestre tollbooth (Barriera), then exit at the tollbooth and take the ring road towards the airport.
- From Turin, Milan, Bergamo, Brescia and Verona: Take the A4 motorway in the direction of Venice, then continue on the A57 always in the direction of Venice up to the Venice-Mestre tollbooth (Barriera), from here take the ring road in the direction of the airport.
- From Trieste: Take the A4 motorway towards Venice, exit at the Quarto d'Altino tollbooth, then continue towards Venice and take the junction for the airport.
- From Belluno: Take the A27 motorway towards Venice, then, after the Mogliano Veneto tollbooth, follow the signs for the airport.
- From Jesolo: Take the SS 14 Triestina towards Venice and follow the signs for the airport.
- Park P1. Garage park. First 10 minutes of parking free.
- Park P2. Uncovered long-term parking. First 10 minutes of parking free.
- Park P3. Uncovered long-term parking. First 10 minutes of parking free.
- Park P4. Uncovered long-term parking. First 10 minutes of parking free.
- Park P6. Uncovered long-term parking. First 10 minutes of parking free.
- Speedy Park. Uncovered long-term parking. First 10 minutes of parking free.
- Park Accompagnatori. Short-term parking. Free parking for the first 10 minutes. To have the right to park, a maximum of three accesses are allowed on the same day. From the fourth access, a supplement of €18 plus parking costs will have to be paid.
- Park Bus. Parking reserved for buses.
- 1 ParkingGO Venezia, Via Orlanda 219, ☏ , email@example.com. 24 hr. Car parks just a few minutes from the Venice Marco Polo airport terminal. The structure offers covered and uncovered car parks guarded 24 hours a day with shuttle included in the price. €3-10/day.
- 2 ParkToAir Venezia, Via Cà Zorzi 2, firstname.lastname@example.org. 24 hr. Low-cost parking five minutes from Venice airport with 24-hour shuttle and turnkey service included. The parking lots are both covered and uncovered. €2-9/day.
Car rentals Edit
- 1 RentSmart24 Venezia (Noleggio Auto RentSmart24 Venezia), Via Orlanda 219, 30173 Venezia, ☏ . Daily 08:00-20:00. With RentSmart24 you will find new models, from city cars, including electric ones, sedans, SUVs, coupés, minibuses with 7 or 9 seats.
- Auto Europa, ☏ .
- Autovia, ☏ .
- Avis, ☏ .
- Europcar, ☏ .
- Hertz, ☏ .
- Locauto Rent, ☏ .
- Maggiore, ☏ .
- Leasys, ☏ .
- Sixt, toll-free: .
Car service and limousines Edit
- GoOpti (the car pick up and delivery point, where there are 5 lay-bys reserved for the Car Sharing service, is available in the external lane of the departures area).
Car sharing Edit
By bus Edit
- ATVO, ☏ . Route 35 and pdf/UM/U-5.pdf Route 5 to Venice - Piazzale Roma. Route 35 B and /default/files/attachments/pdf/UM/U-15.pdf Route 15 to Venice-Mestre railway station. Route 45 to Mestre-Favaro-Tessera. ATVO Treviso Express to Treviso. ATVO Pordenone Express to Portogruaro and Pordenone. ATVO Venezia-Cortina to Cortina d'Ampezzo. Other lines to Jesolo, Cavallino - Punta Sabbioni, Bibione, Eraclea, Caorle, San Donà di Piave and Noventa di Piave Designer Outlet.
- FS Busitalia Veneto, ☏ . To Padua, Abano Terme and Montegrotto Terme.
- Cortina Express. To alpine resorts.
- Fly Ski Shuttle. To alpine resorts.
- Nomago. To Ljubljana.
By boat Edit
By water bus (Vaporetto) Edit
The water transport service on the vaporetto is convenient as it allows you to move from the airport to and from Venice, Murano, Burano and the Lido of Venice. The vaporetto depart from the airport dock and is carried out by Alilaguna. From the arrivals area on the ground floor, follow the signs "Trasporti via d'acqua" ("Water transport") and go up to the first floor, then you will find the Moving Walkway, an elevated pedestrian path with moving walkways which will lead to the 3 airport dock, where you will find the following vaporetto lines. It will take about 10-15 minutes to reach the stations:
- Red - Connects the Cruise Terminal via Murano and San Marco. Seasonal line.
- Blue - Connects with Murano, Venice and the Lido.
- Orange - Connects with Santa Maria del Giglio passing through Murano and Rialto.
For more information, click here.
By private boat Edit
- Motoscafi Venezia, ☏ , , email@example.com.
- Venezia Taxi, ☏ , firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Venezia Turismo, ☏ , .
- Venice Water Taxi, ☏ , email@example.com.
- Serenissima Taxi, ☏ , , firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Consorzio Venezia Futura, ☏ , email@example.com.
- Veneziana Motoscafi, ☏ , , firstname.lastname@example.org.
By taxi Edit
- Radiotaxi Venezia, ☏ .
Get around Edit
- Marco Polo Club VIP Lounge. €40/passenger.
Eat and drink Edit
Before security Edit
- C. Coffe Lovers (Departure area, first floor). M F Su 04:30-21:00; Tu-Th Sa 04:30-18:00.
- Emporio del Grano (Departure hall, first floor), ☏ . M Th Su 06:00-21:00; Tu W F Sa 06:00-20:00. Pizzeria and Italian restaurant.
- Moak (Arrival area, ground floor). Daily 08:00-22:00. Coffee shop.
- Rustichelli & Mangione (Arrival area, ground floor). M W F Su 07:30-20:00; Th Sa 07:30-18:00. Focacceria and pizzeria.
After security Edit
- Bottega Prosecco (2 locations). Wine bar.
- Bottega Prosecco 1 (First floor), ☏ . Daily 05:00-20:00.
- Bottega Prosecco Bar Extraschengen (First floor), ☏ . M Sa Su 07:09-23:00; Tu-F 07:00-22:00.
- Bricco Bar & Pizza (Second floor), ☏ , email@example.com. M Th-Sa 07:30-23:00, Tu W 07:30-21:30, Su 07:30-22:30. Pizzas by the slice and sandwiches.
- Bricco Restaurant (Second floor). M Th-Sa 7:30-22:00, Tu W 07:30-21:30; Su 07:30-22:30. Self-service Italian restaurant.
- Culto Cafè Cultino (First floor), ☏ . M Tu Th 04:30-23:00; W 04:00-22:30; F 04:30-22:30; Sa 04:30-23:30; Su 04:30-11:00. Snack bar & coffee shop.
- Culto Cafè Murano (First floor), ☏ , firstname.lastname@example.org. M-Th Sa 05:00-17:00; F 05:00-18:00; Su 05:00-20:00. Snack bar & Coffee shop.
- Decanto Wine Bar (First floor). Daily 04:30-22:00.
- Natoo (First floor). M 04:30-20:00; Tu-Th 06:00-18:00; F 05:00-20:00; Sa 05:00-19:00; Su 0/:00-21:00.
- Rustichelli & Mangione (First floor). M F 08:00-20:00; Tu W Sa Su 08:00-18:00. Focacceria and pizzeria.
- Venchi (First floor), ☏ , email@example.com. Daily 07:00-21:00. Chocolate and ice cream shop.
Before security Edit
- Monte dei Paschi di Siena (Departure area, first floor), ☏ , firstname.lastname@example.org. Daily 09:30-13:30 & 14:30-15:30. Bank and ATM.
- Yes Change (Arrivals area, ground floor), ☏ , email@example.com. 09:00-17:00. Currency exchange.
- Relay (2 locations).
- Relay Departure (First floor). M Th Su 05:09-21:00; Tu W F Sa 05:00-20:00.
- Relay Arrival (Ground floor). M-W Sa Su 07:30-23:30; Th F 08:30-23:30.
After security Edit
- +39 Leathergoods (First floor), ☏ , firstname.lastname@example.org. Daily 08:30-19:30. Shop for leather goods, suitcases, bags and accessories.
- 4Giveness (First floor), ☏ , email@example.com. Daily 08:00-20:00. Clothes shop.
- Aelia Duty Free (First floor), ☏ , firstname.lastname@example.org. Daily 06:00-00:00.
- Anatomie (First floor), ☏ , email@example.com. Daily 06:30-21:00. Luggage shop.
- Boggi (First floor), ☏ , firstname.lastname@example.org. Daily 06:30-21:00. Accessories shop.
- Bottega dei Sapori (First floor). M W Sa Su 07:00-22:00; Tu Th F 07:00-21:30. Shop of Italian food and wine products.
- Camicissima (First floor), ☏ , email@example.com. Daily 06:30-21:00. Shirt shop.
- Capi Electronics (First floor), ☏ , firstname.lastname@example.org. Daily 05:00-22:00. Electronics store.
- Discover Venice (First floor), ☏ , email@example.com. M F-Su 08:00-20:00; Tu-Th 08:00-20:00.
- Dolce & Gabbana (First floor), ☏ , firstname.lastname@example.org. Daily 07:00-21:00.
- Falconeri (First floor), ☏ , email@example.com. Daily 06:30-21:00. Shop of men's and women's clothing in cashmere, wool and other fine yarns.
- Hub Bookstore (First floor), ☏ . Daily 06:30-21:30. Books, newspapers, magazines, guides and maps, gift ideas, souvenirs, toys, tobacco and toiletries.
- Hub Mediastore (Second floor), ☏ . Daily 06:30-21:30. Bookshop.
- Hub Megastore (Second floor), ☏ . Daily 06:30AM-21:30PM. Books, newspapers, magazines, guides and maps, gift ideas, souvenirs, toys, tobacco and toiletries.
- Montblanc (First floor). Daily 10:00-18:00. Luxury pens, watches, jewellery and leather goods.
- Pandora (First floor). M-Th 08:00-19:00; F-Su 08:00-20:00. Jewellery store.
- Sunglass Hut (First floor), firstname.lastname@example.org. Daily 06:00-22:00. Sunglasses shop.
- The Fashion Place (First floor). Daily 06:30-21:30. Accessories shop.
- World of Venice (First floor), ☏ , email@example.com. M F-Su 07:00-20:00; Tu-Th 07:00-19:00. Venetian souvenir shop.
Free Wi-Fi connection. Select "Venice Airport Free WiFi" network, then register.
- Luggage informations, +39 041 0980098 (GH Venezia), +39 041 9691201 (Aviation Services).
- 1 Annia Park Hotel, Via Triestina 161 (Tessera), ☏ , firstname.lastname@example.org. Check-in: 13:00, check-out: 11:00.
- 2 Casa del Miele, Via Paliaghetta 2/A (Cà Noghera), ☏ , , email@example.com.
- 3 La Noghera, Via della Mandra 3 (Cà Noghera), ☏ , firstname.lastname@example.org. Check-in: 11:00-13:00 & 18:00-23:00, check-out: 05:30-10:30.
- 4 Il Casolare, Via Litomarino 74/A (Cà Noghera), ☏ , , fax: , email@example.com. Check-in: 10:00-22:00, check-out: 11:00.