census-designated place (CDP) in Hawaii County, Hawaii, United States
- Hele On Bus system (Volcano Village stop on the Kau/Hilo or Kona/Hilo routes). There is only one limited county bus, operating M-Sa, no holidays. Like most buses on the island it is designed for commuters. The bus route connects Hilo to Ka'u and runs a couple times early in the morning and a couple times in the afternoon.
The nearby Hawaii Volcanoes National Park.
- Thai Thai Bistro & Bar, 19-4084 Old Volcano Rd, ☏ . 1200-2100, Wednesday closed. Tasty Thai food for dinner, lunch and take out. Reservations may be advisable at peak times.
There are several options for lodging while visiting Volcano Village and the National Park.
- My Island Inn, ☏ . Check-in: 1PM-5PM. A B&B housed in a historic plantation house only a few miles from Volcano National Park (elevation: 4,000 ft). The hosts are long-time natives of the Hawaii Islands and are full of fantastic advice on touring the islands, as well as delightful stories of their own adventures here. The grounds are a beautifully kept profusion of flowers and fruit trees, and many of the fruits make their way into the plentiful (really plentiful!) and delicious breakfasts. $70-165.
- Hawaii Volcano Vacations, 9-4104 Anuhea Circle Dr, ☏ , email@example.com. Affordable vacation rentals all less than a mile from the Hawaii Volcanoes National Park and within walking distance from all the delights Volcano Village has to offer Starting at $100/Night (double occupancy).
- [dead link] Bamboo Orchid Cottage, 11-3903 10th St (off Pearl at 26 Mile Marker), ☏ . Check-in: 4PM-6PM, check-out: 11AM. An upscale bed and breakfast 2 miles from the park entrance, a choice of 4 rooms, all with private baths, in the middle of the rainforest. The beautiful grounds feature a hot tub, BBQ area, and covered seating with fire pit. $139 and up.
- [dead link] Guest Cottages at Volcano Tree House, 11-3860 11th St (off Pearl at 26 Mile Marker), ☏ . Check-in: 4PM-6PM, check-out: 11AM. This place was built on a hand-cleared lot and features Ohias growing though the 700+ SF deck and BBQ area and giant tree ferns you can reach out and touch. $149 and up.
- The Inn at Volcano, 19-4178 Wright Rd, toll-free: , fax: , firstname.lastname@example.org. Check-in: 3PM, check-out: 11AM. Inn at Volcano is a mile from Volcanoes National Park. From $139.
- 1 Volcano Guest House (Guest House at Volcano), 11-3733 Ala Ohia St. (Hwy 11, across 26 mile marker, Jade Ave. Then take last left off Jade - Ala Ohia St. Then look for sign about 1/3 mile on right), ☏ , email@example.com. Volcano Guest House B&B is a looped lane collection of 3 rooms from $95 per night, 3 cottages and 2 apartments at $125, two big houses from $220, a large yoga/dance studio, and a shared Breakfast Lanai with hot tub. It is located on 12 acres adjacent to forest reserve along the Hawaii Volcanoes National Park Boundary, 5 minutes drive from the park entrance. From singles up to 35 people can stay. It shares the space with native rainforest, semi-forested pasture for two Dexter cows, a pond for Muscovy ducks. Bonnie Goodell, planner and gardener, and Alan Miller, builder, started from Honoluu to a tent here in 1979, rented their first cottage in 1986. Extended family and friends live there and come and go, some writing books, all working on projects. Line-dried linens, solar assisted hot water. $95-$220.