Get in Edit
By plane Edit
Logan International Airport in Boston.
By bus Edit
MBTA provides bus service. The 70 and 71 can be accessed from Central and Harvard, respectively. The 57 bus from Newtown Corner and Brighton. The 52 and 59 from Dedham and Needham, respectively, via Newton. From Waltham, the aformentioned 70 bus. The MBTA's 504 route operates express trips from downtown all day weekdays and much of Saturday.
By car Edit
Interstate 90 (the Massachusetts Turnpike), Exit 17.
Arsenal Street / Western Ave and Route 20 exits off Soldiers Field Road.
Get around Edit
By car Edit
Traffic can get heavy during the morning and evening rush hours. Route 16 and US Route 20 cuts across Watertown.
By public transit Edit
The MBTA's 71 bus is the most frequent of the routes that serve Watertown. Routes 554 and 73 run along the northern border of Watertown. The 70 traverses the entire town west to east. Watertown Square is the main bus hub, but note that the 504, 57, and 52 routes terminate at the former bus yard across the Charles from Watertown Square.
- 1 Armenian Library and Museum of America, 65 Main St, ☏ . Th 6PM-9PM, F,Su 1PM-5PM, Sa 10AM-2PM. "Where Armenian culture comes alive." The most extensive collection of Armenian artifacts in North America. Changing exhibits and an extensive library. Adults $5, students $2, children under 12 free.
- 2 Arsenal Center for the Arts, 321 Arsenal St, ☏ . Theatre presentations and a gallery that is open Tu-F noon-5PM.
- 3 Studios of CatholicTV, 34 Chestnut St, ☏ . Tours by appointment only, M-F 10AM-4PM. National Catholic Television Network.
- 4 American Plumbing Museum, 86 Rosedale Rd, email@example.com.
- [dead link] Faire on the Square Festival. Late September.
- 1 The Halfway Cafe, 394 Main St, ☏ . M-F 11:30AM-1AM, Sa noon-1AMm Su noon-midnight. Good value choice for a sports bar. Check out the 8 for $8 specials. $.
- 2 Danish Pastry House, 205 Arlington St, Ste 4, ☏ . 7AM-5PM daily. Great selection of pastry. $.
- 3 Red Lentil, 600 Mt Auburn St, ☏ . M-Th 11AM-9:30PM, F 11AM-10PM, Sa 9AM-10PM, Su 9AM-9:30PM. Vegetarian and vegan cuisine. $.
- 4 Celebrity Pizza & Dairy Bar, 684 Mt Auburn St. M-F 11AM-10PM, Sa noon-10PM, Su 1PM-10PM. Great ice cream. Check out their delivery service! $.
- 5 New Ginza, 65 Galen St, ☏ . M-Th 11:30AM-10PM, F 11:30AM-11PM, Sa noon-11PM, Su noon-10PM. The best sushi in Watertown hands down. Friendly staff and great atmosphere to boot. $$.
- 6 Sevan Bakery, 599 Mt Auburn St, ☏ . M-Sa 8AM-8PM. Small authentic Armenian bakery. $.
- 7 Big Sky Bread Bakery & Cafe (Big Sky), 142 Main St, ☏ . M-F 6AM–6PM, Sa 7AM–5PM. Great local bakery. $$$.
- 8 SOFRA Bakery & Cafe, 1 Belmont St, Cambridge, ☏ . M-F 8AM-7PM, Sa-Su 8AM-6PM. Small vegan and vegetarian cafe. It is always crowded and has limited seating, but don't forget to check out the patio around the side! $.
- 9 Strip T's, 93 School St, ☏ . Lunch: M-F 11AM-4PM, Sa 11:30AM-PM; dinner: M-Sa 5PM-10PM. Amazing restaurant specializing in gourmet sandwiches and more. A casual relaxed atmosphere with a great staff! $$.
- 10 Stellina Restaurant, 47 Main St, ☏ . Lunch: Tu-F 11:30AM-2PM; dinner: M-Th 5PM-9:30PM, F-Sa 5PM-10PM, Su 5PM-9PM. A great upscale restaurant with local music. Check out their lunch menu and outdoor patio. $$.
- 11 Not Your Average Joe's, 55 Main St, ☏ . M-Th 11:30AM-10PM, F-Sa 11:30AM-11PM, Su noon-10PM. Classic American cuisine. A good place to bring kids. $$.
- 12 Deluxe Town Diner (The Town Diner), 627 Mt Auburn St, ☏ . Su-Th 7AM-9PM, F-Sa 7AM-10PM. A classic diner. It fills up fast so make sure to come early! $.
Go next Edit
|Routes through Watertown|
|Worcester ← Waltham ←||W E||→ Boston → END|
|Milford ← Newton ←||W E||→ Cambridge → Medford|