Get in edit
By plane edit
The Asheville Regional Airport (AVL IATA) offers jet and commuter service on American, Delta Air Lines, and United Airlines and has direct flights from Atlanta, Charlotte, Cincinnati, Detroit, Houston, Minneapolis/St. Paul, Newark, NJ, and Orlando. It is located fifteen miles south of downtown Asheville near the town of Fletcher. Ground transportation and major rental car companies are available at the airport terminal.
Flights into Greenville-Spartanburg International Airport (GSP IATA) located in Greenville, South Carolina, Charlotte Douglas International Airport (CLT) located in Charlotte, North Carolina, or McGhee Tyson Airport (TYS) located in Knoxville, Tennessee, are sometimes cheaper than flying directly to Asheville. Greenville is about a 1½-hour drive, Charlotte and Knoxville are both about 2-hour drives.
Get around edit
Like most of Western North Carolina, you do need a car to get to and from Weaverville. Once on Main Street, it's an easy walk to much of the shopping, restaurants, and accommodations in the area. Limited bus service to and from Asheville is also available.
- Art in Autumn, Main Street. 10AM-5PM. Art in Autumn showcases a diverse range of juried Art and Craft with over 100 artists and craftspeople. Also features food and music, free admission and free parking.
- Christmas Candlelight Stroll, Main Street. 6-9PM. Make plans to join us as Weaverville will be aglow with luminaries along the streets, local choirs and bands will provide music, and horse and buggy rides will be available through town. Local businesses will be open late for Christmas shopping. Kids can visit with Santa and decorate their own cookies.
- Weaverville Art Safari. The self-guided studio tours are held the last full weekend in April and the first full weekend in November, coinciding with the beautiful spring and fall seasons in the magnificent Blue Ridge Mountains of Western North Carolina. The tours are free and open to the public, and some artists' studios are open year-round by appointment.
- Art Accents, 1 South Main Street, ☏ .
- Curtis Wright Outfitters, 24 North Main Street, ☏ .
- Maggie B's Wine & Specialty Shop, 113 North Main Street.
- Mangum Pottery, 16 North Main Street, ☏ . M-F 9AM-5PM, Sa 10AM-4PM.
- Miya Gallery, 20 North Main Street, ☏ . M-F 10AM-5:30PM, Sa 10AM-5PM, Su noon-4PM.
- Reems Creek Valley Nursery & Landscaping, 70 Monticello Road.
- Weaverville Pet Pantry, 25/70 & Monticello Road, ☏ . Tu-F 11AM-7PM, Sa 10AM-5PM.
- Shop Around the Corner, 55 North Main Street, ☏ .
- Blue Mountain Pizza, 55 North Main Street. Tu-Su 11AM-9PM. Live music every night (except Mondays).
- Chapala, 113 Weaver Blvd.
- Main Street Grill, 5 South Main Street, ☏ .
- Stoney Knob Cafe, 337 Merrimon Avenue, ☏ . Tu-F 11AM-9PM, Sa 8AM-9:30PM, Su 9:30AM-3PM.
- Well-Bred Bakery, 26 North Main Street, ☏ . Tu-Th 7AM-8PM, F 7AM-10PM, Sa 8AM-10PM, Su 8AM-8PM. Gourmet pastries, artisan breads, fine gourmet foods and shade-grown, organic coffees. Live music Friday and Saturday nights.
Alcohol is served by the drink in several bars and restaurants, except on Sunday.
Beer and wine are available for purchase at most markets, grocery stores and gas stations. The alcohol laws of North Carolina prohibit the sale of alcohol after 2AM Monday through Saturday, and from 2AM until noon on Sundays.
Go next edit
- Asheville is a 10-minute drive to the south.
- Blue Ridge Parkway is a 10-minute drive (Reems Creek Road to Ox Creek Road takes you to Milepost 376.6)
|Routes through Weaverville|
|Kingsport ← Mars Hill ←||N S||→ Asheville → Spartanburg|
|Kingsport ← Mars Hill ←||N S||→ Asheville → Atlanta|
|Knoxville ← Marshall ←||N S||→ Asheville → Greenville|
|Knoxville ← Marshall ←||W E||→ Asheville → Lexington|