Weißenburg was a free imperial city for 500 years.
You can reach Weißenburg easy on the national highway "B2".
Around the whole city you will find supermarkets called Aldi, Marktkauf, Norma, Penny. In the old city of Weißenburg you will find clothes stores, bakeries and turkish fast food stores.
Lots of traditional restaurants around. The quality of food is generally quite high. Main courses about €8-15, half liter of beer for €3-5.
- Al Forno Ristorante, Nördliche Ringstraße 37, ☏ .
- [dead link] Andreas Stuben, Rosenstraße 18, ☏ , fax: .
- Antichi Sapori Romani, Judengasse 25, ☏ .
- Bräustüberl Zur Kanne, Bachgasse 15, ☏ . Tu-So 10.30–14.00 and 17.30–24.00. Original interior nearly untouched since 1890.
- Hotel Restaurant Goldener Adler, Marktplatz 5, ☏ , fax: .
- Hotel Restaurant Schwarzer Bär, Marktplatz 13, ☏ , fax: .
- Löwengarten Restaurant, Westliche Ringstr. 36, ☏ . Greek and German food.
- Mai Thai, Bismarckanlage 16, ☏ .
- Steakhaus El Toro, Obertorstr. 5, ☏ .
- Silbermühle - vino y tapa Restaurant, Silbermühle 4, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com.
- Brombachsee lake with three parts in the North with lots of spare time activities.
- Gunzenhausen with nearby Altmühlsee
- Altmühl nature reserve
- Altmühl valley
- Fossa Carolina is a former 3 km long channel between Altmühl and the Rezat built in 793 near Treuchtlingen. It effectively connected the river systems of the Rhein heading to the North sea with the Danubian river system going to the Black Sea. This was the first of three attempts to connect the two rivers (a later one in the 19th century failed due to competition from railways, the current one dates to 1992).