Wellington is a small town in Lorain county, Ohio, some 20 miles south of Lake Erie. It was established in 1855 and came to national prominence in 1858 when some three dozen men stormed the town hotel, rescued a runaway slave from a US posse, and smuggled him to freedom in Canada.
Wellington is at the intersection of SR 18, and SR 58. Oberlin is directly north of Wellington on SR58.
- 1 Wellington Town Hall. A historic town hall building.
- Spirit of 76 Museum, 201 North Main St, ☏ . Museum with memorabilia from local history, including oil paintings by Archibald Willard.
- Lorain & West Virginia Railway (L&WV), 46485 State Rt, ☏ . A partially preserved historic railroad that was constructed to send industrial supplies to West Virginia.
- 1 Lorain County Fair, ☏ . Agricultural event with world class entertainment, tractor pulls, live animals, demo derby, combine derby and horse racing. August.
- Ohio Scottish Games (Lorain County Fairgrounds). June. A festival that celebrates Scottish heritage. Includes demonstrations of Scottish art and music.
- 2 Findley State Park, 25381 State Route 58, ☏ .
- Bonnie Brae Farm Tours, 27717 Quarry Rd, ☏ . Elk Farm, tours and wagon rides to see and feed elk. Gift shop & venison sales. Open summer weekend and special events.
- Days of Yore Herb & Flower Farm, 50549 State Route 113, ☏ .
- Caley National Wildlife Woods (from Route 2, exit south on Route 58 to Whitney Rd and turn left; turn right on West Road to park entrance). Managed wetland habitat is popular with many types of waterfowl. Nearly all species of dabbling ducks migrate here during spring and fall.
- 1 Bread-n-Brew, 100 South Main St, ☏ .
- Fort's Tavern (Fort's Olde Town Tavern), 122 W Herrick Ave, ☏ . Has live music.
- Clare-Mar Lakes Campground & RV Sales, 47571 New London Eastern Rd, toll-free: .
- 1 Findley State Park, 25381 State Route 58, ☏ .
|Routes through Wellington|
|Lorain ← Oberlin ←||N S||→ Ashland → END|