town in York County, Maine, United States
Wells is a seacoast town in Maine with about 10,500 permanent residents. Founded in 1643, it is the third-oldest town in Maine. Wells Beach is a popular summer destination.
- 1 Wells Reserve at Laudholm (Wells National Estuarine Research Reserve), 342 Laudholm Farm Rd (off Rt. 1), ☏ , . Visitors Center, interpretive exhibits, and seven miles of spectacular marsh walkways and trails along marshes, fields, wetlands, and one of the last undeveloped sandy beaches in southern Maine. Visitor Center and Maine Coastal Ecology Center Hours: mid Jan - mid Dec: M-F 10AM-4PM; Memorial Day weekend to Columbus Day: M-F, 10AM-4PM; Sa 10AM-4PM; Su noon-4PM. Mid Dec-mid Jan: closed except by appointment. Trails: year-round 7AM-dusk.
- World Within Sea Kayaking, 746 Ocean Av, ☏ .
- Tee Shot Golf Driving Range, North Berwick Road, ☏ .
- Wonder Mountain Golf Course, 270 Post Rd, ☏ . It features two courses with different difficulty levels, Nautical Nightmare and Mountain Mania, as well as a large indoor arcade. Every day, the woman and man with the best, lowest, scores win a prize.
- Wells Beach Mini-Golf, ☏ .
- Sea Vu Mini-Golf, ☏ .
- Lighthouse Depot, Route 1, ☏ . Largest collection of lighthouse gifts in the world.
- Haddock Jack's Pub, Grub, & Pound, 924 Post Rd (across from Wells Plaza.), ☏ . Year round. Casual family dining with children's menu.
- Fisherman's Catch, 134 Wells Harbour Rd, ☏ . May-Oct: 11:30AM-9PM. Family-owned and run, reasonably priced fresh seafood restaurant. Diners eat on long, indoor picnic tables. Usually a lengthy wait for dinner so it is a good idea to make reservations.
- The Grey Gull Inn, 475 Webhannet Dr, ☏ . $18-25.
- [dead link] Mainiax Restaurant, 526 Post Rd, ☏ . Open daily at 11:30AM. Family-oriented restaurant.
- Mike's Clam Shack, 1150 Post Rd, ☏ .
- Bull N' Claw Restaurant, 2270 Post Rd, ☏ . Open 11AM–9PM. They have an all you can eat buffet and free internet service
- The Grey Gull Inn, 475 Webhannet Dr, ☏ .
- [dead link] Chalet by the Sea Motel, 971 Post Rd, ☏ , fax: .
- Misty Harbor Resort Motel, 60 Mile Rd, ☏ , toll-free: , fax: . All-suite resort hotel. 1- & 2-bedroom resort suites with full kitchen, dining area. Indoor pool, hot tub, sauna, exercise room and more. Free WiFi. Year round.
- Sea Mist Resort Motel, 733 Post Rd, ☏ , toll-free: , fax: . Offers rooms with kitchenettes and 1-bedroom suites. Indoor Pool and Hot Tub. Sun deck. Free WiFi.
- Village by the Sea, 1373 Post Rd, ☏ , toll-free: . Condominium resort hotel featuring 1- and 2-bedroom suites with Full Kitchens. Pool, hot tub, fitness center, game room, gas grills. 11 acres near Wells Beach. Free WiFi.
- Nautical Mile Resort, 1072 Post Road Rd, ☏ .
- Beach Acres Campground, Eldredge Road, ☏ , fax: .
|Routes through Wells|
|Portland ← Saco ←||N S||→ Dover → Boston|
|Portland ← Kennebunk ←||N S||→ York → Boston|
|Portland ← Kennebunk ←||N S||→ Ogunquit → Portsmouth|
|Concord ← Dover ← becomes ←||W E||→ Kennebunk → Portland|
|Moultonboro ← Sanford ←||N S||→ END|