Wijchen is a town in the Netherlands.
The economic and social life before the First World War was dominated by several manufacturer families, which were mostly specialized in cars and trucks.
When travelling from Eindhoven, use the A50 towards Oss and Nijmegen. After crossing the river Meuse (Maas), use Knooppunt Bankhoef (Bankhoef Interchange) to turn onto the A326. The first two exits on this highway service Wijchen.
When travelling from Utrecht, Amsterdam and Zwolle, head for the city of Arnhem. Once here, use Knooppunt Grijsoord (Grijsoord Interchange), located in-between exits 25 and 26, to turn onto the A50 heading for Oss and 's-Hertogenbosch. Use the third interchange you see, Knooppunt Bankhoef (Bankhoef Interchange) to turn onto the A326. Again, the first two exits on this highway service Wijchen.
Wijchen has only one station, 1 Wijchen Station, which is located on the line between 's-Hertogenbosch and Nijmegen. Travel to one of these two cities, preferably the one closest to your current location, to get to Wijchen. The station is a six-minute walk from Wijchen Castle.
Wijchen has a good range of standard stores in the center, including several well-known fashion and department stores. The main shopping street consists of the Marktpromenade and the following Europaplein.
- 1 Prikkers, Marktpromenade 14, NL-6602 HR Wijchen, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. M-Th 09:00-18:00, F 09:00-21:00, Sa 09:00-18:00, Su 09:00-17:00.
- 2 't Verlangen, Kasteellaan 41A, NL-6602 DC Wijchen, ☏ . Tu-Su 17:00-23:00.
- 3 De Heksenkeuken, Graafseweg 576, NL-6603 CL Wijchen, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. W-Su 17:00-00:00.
- 4 Difference (Steaks&More), Kasteellaan 3, NL-6602 DA Wijchen, ☏ . W-Su 17:00–21:30.
- 5 Zaal 4, Markt 4, NL-6602 AM Wijchen, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. M 11:30-00:00, Tu-Th 10:00-00:00, F Sa 10:00-02:00, Su 12:00-00:00.
- 6 Meneer Smit Wijchen, Oude Klapstraat 78, NL-6602 AG Wijchen, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. Daily 12:00-00:00.
- 1 Hoogeerd, Maasbandijk 10, NL-6606 KB Niftrik, ☏ , fax: , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 2 Saljoet, Ficarystraat 9, NL-6644 KR Ewijk, ☏ . Saljoet is a hotel like few others. It offers a single luxurious and comfortable refitted rescue pod in which you can stay.
- 3 Umberto, Graafseweg 699, NL-6603 CE Wijchen, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com.
- Arnhem is the capital of the province of Gelderland, and is the only Dutch city to feature trolleybuses amongst its public transportation.
- Grave is a small city on the banks of the river Meuse. Its city center is fortified and its historical sighs stood the test of time.
- Nijmegen lays claim to being the oldest city in the country, and this lively university city has the heritage to back it up.
- Kleve (Germany) too is a historical city - perhaps even a better one than the above, due to its different style.
- Venlo is one of the pearls of Limburg, for what other than its historical city centre.