UNESCO World Heritage Site symbol
The World Heritage Expedition is an expedition to complete one of Wikivoyage's remaining milestones — creating an article for every UNESCO World Heritage Site.
The milestone will be considered achieved when articles for all 1007 sites on the official UNESCO list have been created and linked in from the UNESCO World Heritage List page. However, the project will continue indefinitely, as new sites are added yearly (usually in June or July) and the articles of existing sites can always be improved.
How you can helpEdit
- Compare the country listings at UNESCO World Heritage List with the official list.
- Add in any missing sites.
- Make sure every listing has at least one link to the appropriate Wikivoyage destination.
- Once a country's listings are in order, tag it with a comment like this: <!-- All sites up to 2008 -->. Use last year the list was updated, not the current date.
- This tag refers only to completeness (are all sites listed?), not whether the articles actually exist (red links).
- Investigate red links in UNESCO World Heritage List.
- If the site already exists under a different name, fix the link or redirect as appropriate.
- If the site does not exist, create an outline article and link it in from the master list as well as the appropriate country/region pages.
- Investigate active links (blue links) in UNESCO World Heritage List.
- If the World Heritage Site links to an article, make sure the site is actually listed there.
- Progress table -- tables for keeping track of world heritage site articles and whether they have banners, identify the UNESCO site, etc.
- December 7, 2008 (START): 48 of 140 countries/regions completed.
Remaining countries on current listEdit
As of March 2009 - please remove the relevant countries from the list once stubs for all sites in the country has been created, and sign your name with four tides ~~~~ if you intend to work on a country.