Willow is an unincorporated community in Matanuska-Susitna Valley.
- Willow Airport. Fly a private plane , or hire an air taxi.
It is easiest to get around Willow by car or bicycle, but there are many lakes in the area and a crafty few travel by boat.
- The lakes. Willow is home to many lakes and small ponds, and these are very popular among boaters, primarily Nancy Lake and Willow Lake. The latter is also the location of the seaplane base, owned by the airport across the street.
- The rivers. Willow is known for Willow Creek State Recreation Area. The point where Willow Creek feeds into the Susitna River is popular as a fishing hole.
- 1 Nancy Lake State Recreation Area.
- Fish. This is a common sport among the locals as well as tourists.
Willow is not known as a tourist trap, but souvenirs can be bought at many shops in the area.
The nearest inn is a Best Western in Wasilla. A motel used to exist at the Capitol Speedway in north-central Willow, but it was shut down after a guest manufactured meth in one of its rooms.
|Routes through Willow|
|Fairbanks ← Denali N.P. ←||N S||→ Wasilla → Anchorage (via )|