town in New York, United States
Wolcott is in Finger Lakes Apple Country.
Get in Edit
Get around Edit
- A total solar eclipse on Monday 8 April 2024 starts at 3:21PM local time and lasts 3 min. The chances of a clear sky are 35%. The track of totality is northeast from Mexico and Texas to Ohio then straddling the Canada–New England border.
- 1 Chimney Bluffs State Park, 7700 Garner Rd, ☏ . Dawn-dusk. $5/vehicle, collected April 1 - Oct 31.
- 1 Wolcott Hotel and Motor Inn, 12004 Main St, ☏ . The word that keeps recurring in online reviews of this hotel is "sketchy". If you can put up with questionable neighbors, dated decor, and a downstairs bar that's a bit of a dive, you'll at least enjoy a cheap rate and a location right in the middle of the village. $40+.
There are also two campgrounds several miles north, on Port Bay, with confusingly similar names—make sure you go to the right one! They both offer boating services as well.
- 2 Port Bay Marina & Campground, 8031 E Port Bay Rd, ☏ , toll-free: . Tent sites $20; partial hook-ups $30; call for full hookup monthly rates.
- 3 Port Bay RV Park & Campground, 8346 E Port Bay Rd, ☏ . Check-in: 1PM, check-out: noon. Tent sites $20; full hook-ups $30-35; rental units $75 (+$50 each additional night).
Go next Edit
|Routes through Wolcott|
|Rochester ← Williamson ←||W E||→ Oswego → Williamstown|