Xiangyang (襄阳; Xiāngyáng), which was called Xiangfan (襄樊; Xiāngyfán), is a city in Hubei Province. It is comprised of two halves, Xiangyang (on the south side of the Han River) and Fancheng (on the north side of the river).
- 1 Xiangyang Liuji Airport (XFN IATA). Flights from a number of Chinese cities including Guangzhou, Xiamen, Beijing and Shanghai.
Linked to the Chinese train network.
Linked to the Chinese bus network.
- Ancient city wall. The ancient city wall is mostly still standing, and it is possible to walk along the top of it. Great views of the Han River from the top of the northern part of the wall.
- Zheng Wu Shan Temple (真武山). A small but active Daoist temple run mainly by Daoist nuns.
- Zhen Wu Hotel (真武大酒店), 27 Xiangchen Street East, ☏ , fax: . Free internet in rooms (with Ethernet cable). Has a good Chinese-style breakfast buffet.
- Wudang Mountain (武当山) - a famous Daoist mountain renown for its martial arts. It can be a day trip out of Xiangyang (2 hour bus each way), but there are also places to stay on the mountain both for tourists and longer-term guests. Wudang Shan is particularly famous for its Taiqi Quan and offers many multi-week classes (register in advance) open to Chinese and foreigners alike.