TransWA run the SW1 road coach service[dead link] from East Perth to Yallingup, departing Sun–Thurs at 09:00 and 12:15, and Friday at 09:00 and 16:00. There is no Saturday service. Instead of getting the bus all the way from East Perth, it can be nicer to get the Australind rail service from Perth Station to Bunbury, and then change (to the above coach service). The coaches arrive in Yallingup at 13:25, 16:35, or 20:34.
You may not be able to walk between the beach and the caves - too far and too steep. The walk between Caves House and the Caves is a nice bush walk. A car or a tour are the best options to see the area.
- Injidup Natural Spa (Wyadup Spa). A natural rock pool with pristine water which is about a metre deep when full. It is a small hike from the car park so make sure to pack your sneakers when you go.
- 1 Ngilgi Caves ((the first 'g' is silent)), Just out of town on the Dunsborough road. The caves have a long history of being show caves, attracting tourists from Perth for over 100 years. The tours are semi-guided, taking you down in the caves, and giving you as much time as you like to wonder around and see the formations. You can just lie on the ground and look up at the formations from the roof of the cavern for as long as you are inclined. The kids will like the crawl tunnel. A joint ticket is available with the Cape Naturaliste Lighthouse.
- Snorkelling. Yallingup has the southernmost occurrence of tropical fish in Western Australia, and there is a protected reef just to the south of the main surfing beach. Take your snorkel and have a look around.
- Swimming or Surfing The beach is sandy, with a reef break further out.
Caves House at the top of the hill. A cafe at the bottom of the hill by the beach. There are barbecues by the beach too.
- 1 Yallingup gugelhupf (Yallingup bakery). Wonderful bakery, of higher quality than is usually expected in small towns.
Caves house is the pub in Yallingup. There is no nightlife to speak of.
- Local places
Wiliabrup, Yeverton, Quindalup, Yallingup Siding, Quendjinup
- via caves road - Margaret River