city in Massachusetts
Yarmouth is 20 to 25 minutes from the Sagamore Bridge in Bourne via Route 6.
- Bass Hole Boardwalk at Gray's Beach (end of Homer's Dock Road, off Route 6a). Most people can't say the name with a straight face! Nevertheless it is one of the best places in Yarmouth to see a great sunset in the summer. The boardwalk stretches 868 feet into a salt marsh over the Bass River, so bring lots of bug spray.
- Edward Gorey House, Strawberry Lane, Yarmouthport. Museum dedicated to Gashlycrumb Tinies author, artist, and local man Edward Gorey.
- Taylor-Bray Farm.
- Keveney Bridge Over Hallets Mill Pond, Water Street. Single lane bridge that is the subject of many local artists paintings and photographs. The bridge is located at the end of the "scenic loop" - 6A East, left onto Church Street (past Strawberry Lane) then left onto Thacher Shore Road. Bear right onto Water Street.
- Historic Society of Old Yarmouth Sites.
- HSOY Nature Trails [dead link], – The entrance to the nature trails is right off of Route 6A east. Kelley Chapel [dead link] is located on the trails.
- [dead link] Baxter Grist Mill (Off of Route 28 East across from Baxter Avenue).
- Judah Baker Windmill (at Windmill Beach on River Street).
- [dead link] Captain Bangs Hallet House, 11 Strawberry Lane (Yarmouth Port). .
- [dead link] Winslow Crocker House.
- Seagull Beach, Seagull Beach Road (Route 28 to South Sea Lane), Yarmouth's largest and easiest to get to beaches on Nantucket Sound. It is divided into 2 sections Seagull Beach and Seagull Beach Extension. $15 (or town permit)
- Parkers River Beach, South Shore Drive (Route 28 to Seaview Avenue), Small beach with a gazebo overlooking Nantucket Sound and swing set. $15 (or town permit)
- Seaview Beach, South Shore Drive (Route 28 to Seaview Avenue) Small beach overlooking Nantucket Sound. $15 (or town permit)
- Bass River Beach, South Shore Drive (Route 28 to Seaview Avenue) There is a boat ramp and a fishing pier at Veterans Memorial Park. $15 (or town permit)
- South Middle Beach, South Shore Drive (Route 28 to Seaview Avenue) Residents only beach. $Town Permit only
- Gray's Beach a.k.a Bass Hole Beach, Homers Dock Road (Route 6A to Centre Street) Small beach overlooking Barnstable Harbor & Sandy Neck. Also home of the Bass Hole Boardwalk. $15 (or town permit)
- Windmill Beach, River Street (Route 28 to Old Main Street) Home of the Judah Baker Windmill [dead link] $Free (Limited parking, no life guards)
- Colonial Acres Beach: Standish Way, off Route 28. $Free (Limited parking, no life guards)
- Englewood Beach, Berry Avenue, off Route 28 $Free (Limited parking, no life guards)
- Dennis Pond, Summer Street off of Route 6A (Limited permit parking, limited street parking permitted (see posted signs), Quiet pond overlooking Willow street. $Town permit for parking lot
- Big Sandy Pond (a.k.a as simply Sandy Pond Park) Buck Island Road. Not to be confused with Little Sandy Pond which is further down Buck Island Road but has no access. Big Sandy Pond has playing fields and parking.
- Long Pond, Indian Memorial Drive (Route 28 to North Main Street to Station Avenue) Quiet pond with a playground.
- Flax Pond, North Main Street, off Route 28. Only open on to the public on weekends and after 3:30 PM on weekdays from July 1 to August 31. (During the summer closed for children's summer camp before 3:30 PM on weekdays.)
- Great Marsh Kayak Tours, ☏ . Three to four hour tours for beginner, fly fishermen, naturalists, sunsets.
- Gold Coast Parasail, ☏ . Fly single or double up to 800 feet. Dry takeoffs. Also jet ski, banana boat, more.
- [dead link] Bass River Sports World, 934 Route 28, ☏ . Open daily 9AM. Batting cages, golf driving range, soccer cages, adventure golf, arcade. Home of 8 foot tall skull with seasonal accessories (earmuffs, patriotic top hat, leprechaun bowler).
- Cape Symphony Orchestra, 712A Main St, ☏ .
- Bass River Golf Course, 62 Highbank Rd, ☏ . 18 hole, par 72, 6,129 yards, rating 68.5, slope 115.
- Blue Rock Golf Resort, 39 Todd Rd, ☏ . 18 hole par 3 course, 3000 yards.
- Kings Way Golf Club, 64 King's Circuit, Yarmouth Port, +1 508-362-8870. 18 holes, par 59. 4000 yards.
- Bayberry Hills Golf Course, 635 W Yarmouth Rd, West Yarmouth, ☏ . 9 holes, par 36, 3325 yards, rating 70.1, slope 117.
- Ann Sullivan Gallery, 1365 Rte. 28 (corner of Pleasant St), ☏ . Original fine art. Oils, watercolors, and limited edition prints. Gallery is open seasonally or you can view and purchase art online year round.
- Abbicci, 43 Main St (Route 6A), ☏ . Excellent Italian/Mediterranean.
- Anthony's Cummaquid Inn, 2 Route 6A, Yarmouth Port, ☏ .
- Ardeo, 23 V White's Path, South Yarmouth, ☏ .
- [dead link] Clancy's of West Yarmouth, 175 Route 28, ☏ .
- Colonial House Inn & Restaurant, 277 Main St, Yarmouth Port, ☏ .
- Giardino's Family Italian Restaurant, 242 Route 28, ☏ . Long-running favorite for authentic Italian food.
- Hunan Chinese Restaurant, 645 Main St, ☏ .
- Inaho - Japanese Restaurant, 157 Route 6A, ☏ .
- Irish Village, 512 Main St (Route 28), West Yarmouth, ☏ . Nightly Irish entertainment.
- Old Yarmouth Inn, 223 Route 6A, ☏ .
- Oliver's Eating and Drinking, Route 6A, +1 508 362-7749.
- Yarmouth House Restaurant, 355 Main St (Route 28), ☏ .
- Seafood Sam's, 302 Route 28, ☏ .
- Sandbaggers Pub, 7 Bunting Ln, West Yarmouth, ☏ .
- Captain Parkers Pub, 668 Main St, West Yarmouth, ☏ .
- Captaini Parkers. Great food. Large portions. Great prices. Prize winning clam chowder!!!
- All Seasons Motor Inn, 1199 Route 28, ☏ .
- Captain Farris House Bed and Breakfast Inn, 308 Old Main Street, ☏ .
- Bayside Resort Hotel, 225 Main Street (Route 28), ☏ . Good choice.
- [dead link] Belvedere Bed & Breakfast, 167 Old Main St, ☏ .
- [formerly dead link] Blue Rock Golf Resort, 39 Todd Rd. South, toll-free: .
- [formerly dead link] Blue Water Resort, 291 South Shore Drive, toll-free: .
- Briarcliffe Motel, 230 Route 6A, Yarmouth Port, ☏ .
- Crook' Jaw Inn B & B, 186 Main St, ☏ .
- Lewis Bay Lodge, 149 Main St (Route 28), ☏ .
- [dead link] Mariner Motor Lodge, 573 Main St (Route 28), ☏ .
- Red Jacket Resorts, South Shore Drive, toll-free: .
- Quality Inn, 216 Main Street (Rte. 28), ☏ , toll-free: . It seems to have cleaned up its act since the bad old days when it was the Thunderbird Motel. A friendly family-owned place delivering a standard chain-hotel experience right on the main drag. Indoor pool, free hot breakfast, ample parking.
- Tidewater Motor Lodge, 135 Main St, ☏ .
- Town n' Country Motor Lodge, 452 Route 28, ☏ .
- Inn at Cape Cod, 4 Summer Street Yarmouth Port Massachusetts (Take Route 6 from the Sagamore Bridge to Exit 7), ☏ . Check-in: 3-6PM, check-out: 11AM. Historic Inn at Cape Cod is a unique B&B with a 200-year tradition of hospitality. Set on two and a half acres of lush landscaped grounds, and bordering 100 acres of nature preserve, you are a gentle stroll from several world-class restaurants, a sandy freshwater beach and the shops and attractions of historic Yarmouth Port. This acclaimed inn is also close to several ocean beaches, island ferries and many nature trails. $195-315.
- Gull Wing Suites, 822 Main Street, South Yarmouth, ☏ , fax: . An all-suites hotel offering comfortable rooms, complimentary breakfast and great Cape Cod vacation packages
- The Inn at Yarmouth Port, 168 Route 6A, ☏ , firstname.lastname@example.org. A bed and breakfast with 5 guest rooms that feature amenities including fireplaces and claw foot tubs. The inn has an outdoor patio with a fire pit and garden area.
|Routes through Yarmouth|
|New Bedford ← Barnstable ←||W E||→ Dennis → Provincetown|
|Bourne ← Barnstable Village ←||W E||→ Dennis → Eastham|
|Wareham ← Hyannis ←||W E||→ Dennis → Eastham|