Yas Island is just off the coast about 20 km from Abu Dhabi city center. It has a land area of 2,500 hectares. The island should not be confused with Sir Bani Yas Island.
The Yas Island Circuit, the host of the Formula One Abu Dhabi Grand Prix since 2009, is here.
The island will also be home to several theme park-based attractions such as Warner Bros Movie World, a movie theme park by Warner Bros; the Ferrari theme park Ferrari World Abu Dhabi, and a water park. It also has a marina.
Yas Island is best reached by road. It is linked to the mainland by a massive expressway and bridge which connects directly to the Abu Dhabi-Dubai Highway. Highways and bridges also link Yas Island directly to Abu Dhabi city via Saadiyat Island. Public buses serve the island from downtown every 30 minutes for 4 dirham.
Yas Island is quite big and its attractions are spread out. The only practical way to get around is by private vehicle. The roads around Yas Island are wide and good.
- 1 Yas Marina Circuit. Home of the Formula One Abu Dhabi Grand Prix, first held in 2009. The circuit encircles the Yas Marina Hotel and has four grandstands - Main, West, North and South. It's the last event of the calendar, so in a closely fought season this is the showdown. The next F1 events are 17-20 Nov 2022 then 24-26 Nov 2023.
- 2 Ferrari World Abu Dhabi. Theme park designed around the Ferrari brand. One of the main attractions on Yas Island. It features a racetrack, theater complex, miscellaneous driving activities, and three thrill rides. The distinct red roof with the Ferrari logo is ready and can be seen from miles away, as well as from planes landing at or taking off from the Abu Dhabi International Airport. The theme park is the largest indoor amusement park in the world and is home to 21 rides including Formula Rossa, the world's fastest roller coaster reaching a top speed of 240 km/h. Theme park have many restaurants and souvenirs shops but prices of food and drinks tend to be very higher.
- 3 Yas Waterworld. A waterpark with 43 rides, slides and attractions. Bubbles' Barrel slide has the largest surf-able sheet wave surf in the world.
- 4 Warner Bros. World Abu Dhabi. WB World is organized into six themed lands, Gotham City, Metropolis, Cartoon Junction, Bedrock, Dynamite Gulch and Warner Bros Plaza. Gotham and Metropolis are based on the cities of DC Comics super heroes Batman and Superman, respectively. Warner Bros.'s Looney Tunes and Hanna-Barbera cartoon libraries are featured in Cartoon Junction and Dynamite Gulch except for Bedrock which features the Flintstones. Warner Bros Plaza mimics the Hollywood of the past. The park opened on July 25, 2018.
- 1 Yas Mall.
- Park Inn
- Amerigos Mexican Bar & Restaurant (Park Inn Abu Dhabi Yas Island), Golf Plaza, Yas Island), ☏ . A great Mexican restaurant serving excellent food, beautiful terrace for al fresco dining. Average per person 120 dirham.
- Crowne Plaza
- Jing Asia (at Crowne Plaza Abu Dhabi Yas Island). all-day dining brings together Asian and international cuisine, with live cooking stations.
- Stills (European brasserie & bar at Crowne Plaza Abu Dhabi Yas Island). serves delicious European gastro-pub food and a wide variety of international draught beverages along its 26-metre signature bar counter. With views of the golf course and Arabian Gulf.
- Barouk (at Crowne Plaza Abu Dhabi Yas Island). Lebanese restaurant serving mouthwatering hot and cold mezze, grills and desserts. A wide selection of shisha is also served on the terrace.
- Views (lobby lounge at Crowne Plaza Abu Dhabi Yas Island). offers enjoying the magnificent views across the golf course and Arabian Gulf.
- 1 Lacarnita (Mexican Food and Drink Restaurant), ☏ , firstname.lastname@example.org. 6 Pm to 2 AM. Tacos, burritos, stuffed quesadillas, tostadas, and other south-of-the-border favoritesmade of chicken — not fried, but seasoned then grilled slow and low. Side orders of beans and rice, coleslaw, and steamed vegetables, regular- and family-sized chicken platters (cooked the same way, marinated and fire-grilled) and a selection of fresh salads are also available. Tequila AED 70, Baller Margarita 65.
- Park Inn Abu Dhabi Yas Island (Golf Plaza, Yas Island), ☏ . Clean rooms, excellent service and nice and friendly staff. The restaurant is a great option for dinner. 550 dirham.
- Crowne Plaza Abu Dhabi Yas Island, ☏ . Set along the Yas Links Abu Dhabi and the turquoise Arabian Gulf. 428 guest rooms and suites feature magnificent views. A fully equipped gym complete with sauna, steam rooms, a squash court and a part-shaded 25-m swimming pool. Children may also enjoy the Kids Club.
- 1 The Yas Hotel (Yas Island), ☏ . Set half on land and half on water, overlooking the marina, and positioned on the Yas Marina Circuit, which plays host the annual Formula One Etihad Airways Abu Dhabi Grand Prix, this hotel is distinctive. The exterior's gridshell can be seen for miles around and mimics the throw of a local fishing net. Fourteen restaurants and lounges.