city in Mississippi, United States of America
Yazoo City[dead link] is a city in Yazoo County, Mississippi in the Delta region.
Amtrak serves Yazoo City on its City of New Orleans line through Chicago, Memphis, Jackson, and New Orleans. The 1 train station is at W Broadway and N Water St.
- 1 Glenwood Cemetery. Site of grave of this fabled Witch of Yazoo City that emerged out of an inferno event that engulfed Yahoo City in the beginning of the early 20th century, characterized by the local author Willie Morris of My Dog Skip fame whose grave is also here.
- 1 Panther Swamp National Wildlife Refuge, 12595 Mississippi 149 (gravel roads provide access from visitor center), ☏ +1 662-836-3005. Mississippi Delta bottomland swamp providing habitat for deer and gators and things. What might be just as interesting is the bald cypress swamp. Trails and birding opportunities. Just watch out for hunters.
- El Palenque, 322 E Canal Street, ☏ +1 622 751-8888. Mexican restaurant, run by Mexicans and for Mexicans. Great food (and fresh) and nice service, one of the few places open on Sundays.
- Best Western Gateway Inn, 286 Wyeth Ln, ☏ +1 662 716-0930, fax: +1 662 716-0931.
- Days Inn, 1801 Jerry Clower Blvd, ☏ +1-662-746-1877. Check-in: 2PM, check-out: 11AM.
- Relax Inn.
|Routes through Yazoo City|
|Memphis ← Greenwood ←||N S||→ Jackson → New Orleans|
|Indianola ← Belzoni ←||N S||→ Merges onto → Jackson → Hattiesburg|
|Clarksdale ← Greenwood ←||N S||→ Merges onto → Jackson → Hattiesburg|