- Thula - lies 34 km west of Sana'a, 2,400 meters above sea level. It has a city wall with four gates, a Mosque built in the 5th cent AH and a fortress.
- Kawkaban - lies on top of a mountain. It is an ancient city. The historic mosque is more than 1000 years old and it is believed that it was built on the remains of an ancient temple.
- Shibam - located 34 km from Sana'a.
- Hajjah - lies 127 km west of Sana'a, 1.500 meters above sea level. The little town is situated between two fortresses Na'man and Al Qahira. Hajjah is famous for the beautiful terraces.
- Shahara - in the province of Hajjah stands about 3,000 meters above sea level. The spectacular historic stone bridge connecting Shaharat Al_Amir and Shaharat Al-Fish mountains is one of the best photo spots in Yemen.
- Sa'ada - lies 243 km north of Sana'a. It is one of the main administrative centers and played an important role in the Islamic period as a stopping place on the pilgrimage and trade route to Mecca. In Sa'ada see the strong city walls, the Al Sinnara citadel and the Al Hadi mosque which dates back to the 3rd city AH.
- Al Bayda - lies 268 km south east of Sana'a. It is well known for the manufacture of traditional clothes and for the near-by archaeological sites of Hasi and Wadi Markha.
- Rada - lies in the province of Al Bayda, 53 km from Dhamar. It is a flourishing town in a fertile plain. Rada is connected with Amir ibn Abd al Wahab, the Tahirid king in the 9th cent AH (15th cent AD), who made near-by Al Miqrana his capital. Close by are archaeological sites, as Wadi Thah and Al Mi#Sal (Wa'lan), the ancient capital of Radman and Khawlan.
- Manakha - lies 120 km west of Sana'a, 2,200 meters above sea level, between Mount Bih north of the town and Mount Shibam Haraz in the south. It was a stopping place for the caravans from Sana'a to Hodeida at the Red Sea and held a military garrison in Turkish times. 12 Km west of Manakha lies the mountain of Masar, the first stronghold of the Sulayhids.
- Jabal an-Nabi Shu'ayb - the highest mountain in the Arabian Peninsula and one of the most prominent mountains in the world. It is 3,666 meters (12,028 feet) high and is located on the Sana'a-Al Hudaydah highway about 30 km away from Sana'a.
Most Western governments advise against all travel to Yemen.