Yongin is home to large scale amusement parks and resorts (including Korea's largest, Everland), the Korean Folk Village and a ski resort. Although it is outside of the capital Seoul, it is often regarded as a suburb and is reachable on the Seoul metro network.
One of the main television stations, MBC, has its drama studios here, with its K-Drama productions being extremely popular throughout East Asia.
Seoul Metropolitan Subway Bundang Line passes through Yongin, stopping at Jukjeon Station (죽전역) and Sanggal Station (상갈역).
- Bundang Line : Sanggal to Jukjeon
- Ever Line : Gihueng to Jeondae‧Everland
Some buses from Suwon also operate.
- from Suwon to Suji: 60, 660, 720-1, 720-2, 720-3, 730
- from Suwon to Yongin : 10, 10-5, 37, 66, 66-4
- from Gangnam to Yongin : 5001, 5001-1, 5002, 5003
- from Seoul Station to Yongin: 5000, 5005
- to Everland: 5002 (Gangnam Station), 5700 (Jamsil station)
- 1 Everland & Caribbean Bay (에버랜드 & 캐리비안베이), 199, Everland-ro, Pogok-eup, Cheoin-gu, Yongin-si, Gyeonggi-do, ☏ . One-day free pass ticket: adult ₩48,000, teenager ₩41,000, child and elderly ₩38,000.
- 2 Korean Folk Village (한국 민속촌,韓國民俗村), 90, Minsokchon-ro, Giheung-gu, Yongin-si, Gyeonggi-do 경기도 용인시 기흥구 민속촌로 90 (보라동) (Metro Line 1, Suwon station free shuttle bus departs from Suwon stn to the Folk Village; ask at the Tourist Information Center), ☏ . A nice outdoor museum in the Yongin suburb with displays that depict the lives of the different social classes and regions of Korea during the Joseon Dynasty. Also has some live performances of traditional Korean skills. ₩12,000-18,000.
- 3 Daejanggeum Park (용인 대장금 파크), 25, Yongcheon drama-gil, Baegam-myeon, Cheoin-gu, Yongin-si, Gyeonggi-do, ☏ . Mar-Oct: 09:00~18:00; Nov-Feb: 09:00-17:00. Adult ₩7,000, middle school and high school student ₩6,000, 48 months-elementary student:₩5,000, under 48 months free.
- 4 Yongin Recreational Forest (자연 휴양림), 220, Chobu-ro, Mohyeon-myeon, Cheoin-gu, Yongin-si, Gyeonggi-do, ☏ . Adult ₩2000, teenager or soldier ₩1000, child ₩600.
- 5 Yongin Agricultural Theme Park (농촌테마파크), 80-1, Nongchon park-ro, Wonsam-myeon, Cheoin-gu, Yongin-si, Gyeonggi-do, ☏ . Mar-Oct: 09:30-17:30, Nov-Feb: 09:30-16:30. Age 4-12 ₩1,000, age 13-18 ₩2,000, age 19-64 ₩3,000, others free.
- 6 Hantaek Botanical Garden (한택식물원), 2, Hantaek-ro, Baegam-myeon, Cheoin-gu, Yongin-si, Gyeonggi-do, ☏ . 9AM~at sunset. Adults(Age19~65) : ₩8,500, teenager (age 13-19) ₩6,000, child (age 3-13) ₩5,000, child under 36 months free, over age 65 discount.
- 7 Wawoo-temple (와우정사), 25-15, Haegok-ro, Cheoin-gu, Yongin-si, Gyeonggi-do, ☏ . You can see wooden Buddha which is lying. It is 12-m long and listed in the Guinness Book of World Records as the world's biggest Buddha.
- 8 Yangji Pine Resort (양지 파인 리조트), 112, Nampyeong-ro, Yangji-myeon, Cheoin-gu, Yongin-si, Gyeonggi-do, ☏ .
- 9 Gyeonggi Province Museum (경기도 미술관), 6, Sanggal-ro, Giheung-gu, Yongin-si, Gyeonggi-do, ☏ . 10:00-18:00 or 19:00. Age over 19 ₩4,000, age 8-18 ₩2,000, age under 7 free.
- 10 Nam June Paik Art Center (백남준 아트센터), 10, Paiknamjune-ro, Giheung-gu, Yongin-si, Gyeonggi-do, ☏ . 10:00 ~ 18:00 or 19:00. Adults ₩4,000, elementary student, teenager pr soldier ₩2,000, under age 7 free, over age 65 free.
- MBC Dramia (MBC 드라미아), 25, Yongcheon Drama-gil, Baegam-myeon, Cheoin-gu, Yongin-si, Gyeonggi-do 경기도 용인시 처인구 백암면 용천리 778-1번지 (Take bus 105 from Baegam bus terminal), ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. 09:00-17:00. A backlot built by MBC, one of South Korea's three major television stations. This backlot has been used to film many popular Korean period dramas (사극 sageuk) that have become big hits all over Asia. Visitors may tour sets representing different periods in Korean history from the Three Kingdoms period up to the Joseon Dynasty and if they are lucky, may be able to watch the filming of a period drama series. ₩7,000.
- Everland (Metro: Take Yongin-everline Jeondae-everland Station. Buses available from many locations in Seoul). South Korea's most famous theme park. You can experience: T Express: The worlds steepest wooden roller-coaster that reaches speeds of up to 104 km/h. The parade: Various parades throughout the year. Zootopia: A zoo. A mini safari through the zoo can be taken. Animals include bears, tigers and a liger. Tickets are ₩38,000 for adults, and ₩29,000 for kids. Night tickets are available at ₩30,000 and ₩22,000 respectively. Discount coupons worth ₩10,000 are available at the Everland website for foreigners and Koreans accompanied by foreigners with discount coupons.
- Hiking - There are hiking trails all over the city.
- Tan stream. It's a branch of Han River. It goes through Yongin,Seongnam and Seoul. You can walk and ride a bicycle. It has exercise equipment, small basketball courts and inline skating rinks sparsely. In the spring, you can see a variety of flowers in full bloom, especially cherry blossoms.
- Yangji Ski resort.
- Bojung Cafe Street, 11-3, Jukjeon-ro 15beon-gil, Giheung-gu, Yongin-si, Gyeonggi-do. There are a lot of charming cafes on this street, which is designated as a cultural car-free street. A flea market is held every weekend. You can buy accessories, fragrant candles and handicrafts there.