Zeewolde is a municipality and a town in the province of Flevoland in the Netherlands. It is located in the south-western corner of the Flevopolder, and is the least densely populated municipality of the already sparsely-populated Flevoland. It features wast expanses of farmlands, as well as undisturbed nature, landscape and nature art, and a 50 km long coastline.
Zeewolde was one of the last areas in Flevoland to be drained and settled - the first inhabitants moved in 1979 only, and the town of Zeewolde was only founded in 1983.
There is no railway station in Zeewolde - if you want to arrive by rail, you have to get off in either Almere, Lelystad, or across the Veluwerandmeer lake in Nijkerk or Harderwijk in Gelderland. From there, you can make use of the following bus lines to get to Zeewolde.
- line 142 - from Nijkerk through Zeewolde to Harderwijk
- line 144 - from Harderwijk to Zeewolde
- line 148 - from Lelystad through Zeewolde to Harderwijk
- line 159 - from Harderwijk through Zeewolde to Almere
- line 160 - from Nijkerk through Zeewolde to Almere
The bus lines generally link the most important (or only) train stations in their termini with Zeewolde. To plan your journey appropriately, coordinate with trains, check travel and operating times, visit 9292.nl
There is no proprietary public transit in Zeewolde. You have to rely on the abovementioned regional bus lines to travel within the town of Zeewolde and surroundings, otherwise you need to get around by car, bike or on foot.
- [formerly dead link] biking. Go across one of the trails suggested by VVV Zeewolde
- horses. Ride or a horse-drawn carriage with Stichting Zeebodemtrail
- fishing. Go for trouts at De Eemhof fishing ponds
- play golf at the Golfclub Zeewolde  or Harderwold Golfresort 
- drop your clothes and enjoy the textiles-free fun at the naturist camping resort 
- annoy VVV Zeewolde  with requests for more suggestions what to do there
At any of the four cafes and bars  [formerly dead link] of Zeewolde.
Zeewolde is the haven for active tourists who want to stay close to nature and on their own rather than enjoy the creature comforts of hotels. The municipality has only 3 hotels, but no less than 7 marinas and 13 camping grounds.
Hotels and rentalsEdit
- Center Park De Eemhof is a large establishment with holiday rental villas and a hotel