Zhongwei (中卫; Zhōngwèi) is a city in Ningxia Hui Autonomous Region.
- 1 Zhongwei Railway Station. is on North Street.
- Beijing - takes about 24 hours
- Guyuan - takes about 4 hours
- Lanzhou - takes about 6 hours
- Urumqi - takes about 20 hours
- Xian - takes about 13 hours
- Yinchuan - takes about 3 hours
- Long Distance Bus Station. is on East Street.
- Lanzhou - takes about 6-7 hours
- Yinchuan - takes about 2-3 hours
- Xian - takes about 12-14 hours
- 2 Zhongwei Shapotou Airport. 9 km northwest in the city, flights from Yinchuan, Yulin, Shanghai–Pudong, Xi'an, Beijing–Capital, Chongqing, Urumqi, and Fuzhou.
- 1 Gaomiao Temple. Multichambered Chinese version of Hell.
- Shapotou. 沙坡头, Resort situated between sand and water, Shapotou Desert Research Center. Tourist area combines Tenggeli desert, Yellow River, mountain and oasis. Tickets ¥90 for park entrance, you then have to pay more if you want to do the attraction. You can choose a lot of activities in the tourist area - ride a camel, drift Yellow River (extra tickets).
- Cultural & Sports Complex. There is a museum to the south of the city across the river, but it is closed. The area around it has a library, sports arena, cinema and a cultural centre.
- Changtan Village. Visit the working 18th-century waterwheel at Changtan village then go whitewater rafting down the Yellow River to Shapatou.
There are budget restaurants near Gaomiao Temple, some of which may look awful but serve reasonable food. Zhongwei is a Muslim city so pork is hard to find. Also, most people eat noodles instead of rice.
- Zhongying Hotel (Zhongying Jiudian), Guluo South Street, ☏ , fax: .
- Yixing Hotel (Yixing Binguan), 2 Guluo North Street, ☏ , fax: .
- Zhuoyue Hotel (Zhuoyue Dajiudian), Guluo East Road, ☏ , fax: .
- Zhongwei Hotel (Zhongwei Dajiudian), 53 Guluo North Street, ☏ , fax: .
- Tengger Desert - one-day and multi-day trips into the desert can be arranged.