Zhovkva (various spellings, Polish: Zolkiew, between 1951 and 1992: Nesterov) is a city in the Ukrainian part of East Galicia. It is known for its Renaissance buildings.
Trains from Lviv.
- 1 Zhovkva railway station.
- 1 Zhovkva Castle (Жовківський замок).
- Baroque Synagogue in a dreadful condition of disrepair
- Renaissance Market Square
- Basilian Monastery under which a mass grave of more than 80 corpses from World War II were discovered. It is unclear whether the people buried in this secret place were Jews killed by the Nazis or more probably Ukrainians killed by the Russian Soviet authorities. This issue is still under investigation.
- Dominican Cathedral
- St. Lawrence Cathedral
- Wooden Nativity of the Holy Virgin Church