Ajah is a neighbourhood in the Lekki area of Lagos. It spans from Victoria Garden City (VGC) down to Abraham Adesanya roundabout on the Lekki-Epe express, and extends to places like Badore, Ado, and Langbasa in its interior. It is one of the constantly developing places in the Lekki axis. It takes about 25-40 minutes drive to get to Victoria Island (V.I) from Ajah.
In the past, the area was known for heavy hold-ups. Motorists in the area commuting to and fro their various places of work faced severe traffic daily during the rush hour periods of the day. However, the recently commissioned flyover bridge has helped to significantly improve the traffic situation in the area (although there’s still traffic on most evenings caused by the activities of traders and commercial bus drivers at the Ilaje Junction).
It‘s a common belief that the Lekki axis is meant for only rich and influential individuals; which is true to a certain extent as there are several highbrow neighbourhoods in the area, but one must not necessarily be rich to reside in Lekki. There are areas suitable for all classes of individuals within Lekki and some parts of Ajah offers affordable options for middle and low-income earners
The Ajah area comprises of gated and serviced estates with security, as well as local estates and non-serviced neighbourhoods where residents contribute to providing basic amenities. The serviced estates provide all or some of facilities like security, power supply, water, interlocked roads, street lights, children playground, swimming pool, a designated general estate park etc and as a result, it is more expensive to reside in a serviced estate compared to a non-serviced estate where most of such facilities are not available. There are several non-serviced estates within Ajah suitable for middle and low-income earning individuals.
There is the ever-busy Ajah market located off the Lekki-Epe Expressway. The Ajah market is a very popular market in Lekki where one can get items such as foodstuff, fruits, clothes and other household items.
- 1 Murtala Muhammed International Airport (LOS IATA). You can fly in from most European cities (Amsterdam, Frankfurt, London, and Paris); from Abu Dhabi, Addis Ababa, Beirut, Cairo, Casablanca, Doha, Douala, Dubai, Istanbul, Johannesburg, Kigali, Libreville, Luanda, Malabo, Nairobi, Sharjah. There are also direct flights from the United States (Atlanta and New York City) with Delta Airlines. There are also flights to Lagos from most major cities in West Africa. Additionally, main airport for Lagos is in Ikeja.
Lagos is close (about 100 km) to the border with Benin. Should you fly out of the International Airport in Lagos, arrive early, especially close to weekends and festive days, as the security is tight.
You can get in via bus from any part of Lagos to Ajah. Although you can easily enter Ajah from Lekki or CMS.
You can get a bus to Ajah from CMS, Oshodi, Lekki and some other bus-stops in Lagos State, such as the major Bus Terminus in Lagos City. It is a landmark area in Lagos.
You can take an Uber or Bolt to reach Ajah from any part of Lagos.
- Rented car. If you are the type that desires comfort and luxury and wants to save yourself from the "Lasgidi" style, you can get Uber, Bolt or Taxify to get into Lagos island. But if you want to have a true experience of the Lagos spirit then a public bus will be your best bet.
You can take lagferry to enter Ajah.
You can't take a bike to Ajah because of the ban on bikes in the state.
- Ajah Market. The market is always bustling with different activities, especially in the evening.
- Singa's Beach Resort, 0812 498 2632 Stella Maris Road, Okun Ajah, Lekki.
- Loving Lagos Beach.
- 1 Atican beach, okun ajah (Abraham Adesanya roundabout, turn right just past Olomu supermarket, then proceed until you see a sign that shows beaches, then you will see a complex turn left, Atican beach is the beach you see), ☏ (mobile), firstname.lastname@example.org. ₦1000.
- 2 [dead link] Barracuda Beach Resort, Okun Ajah (Okun Ajah Road, Okun-Mapo Village), ☏ (mobile), email@example.com. ₦1000.
- Elegushi Royal Beach Lekki Phase I Lagos, Road 3 Lekki Phase 1, 106104, Lekki, ☏ .
- Alfa Beach Road.
- Okunraye Beach.
- 3 Eko Tourist Resort (Akodo Beach), 22 km, Lekki-Epe Expressway, Ibeju, Lekki LGA, Akodo, ☏ (bookings), . This place is at least a 40-minute drive from Lagos. The resort has chalets, restaurants, and a large conference hall on 10 acres, with more than a half a mile of clean beach.
- 4 Elegushi. Elegushi Private Beach, Ikate, Lekki.
- 5 Eleko Beach (56 km, Lekki-Epe Expressway, turn right just past Total service station, proceed to toll gate, it is in the road with amen estate, turn left follow road to Rainbow Church sign, turn right onto dirt road; Eleko beach is at end of road).
- 6 Lekki Beach (turn right at round-about just past estate (about 9 km), Lekki-Epe Expressway, Lekki).
- Hermitage Garden Resorts, Hermitage Rd (Tiye village, near Akodo).
- La Campagne Tropicana.
- Genesis Cinemas, ShopRite, Eti-Osa 106104, Sangotedo.
- Sky Cinema, Eti-Osa 106104, Sangotedo.
- Novare Cinema.
- Filmhouse Cinemas IMAX Lekki Lagos, Bisola Durosinmi Etti Drive, 10b The Rock Dr, Lekki Phase 1, Lagos, ☏ .
- Grand Cinema, Atlantic Centre, Chevron Drive, Lekki Penninsula II 106104, Lekki, ☏ .
- Mega-1 Cinema, 100 Mega-1 Events Way Off Eleganza Bus Stop, Immediately After Chevron Tollgate, Lekki, Eti-Osa 102105, Lekki, ☏ .
You can get almost all your needs at the general supermarket at the bus stop. You can also check out thefollowing supermarkets too.
- Aliba Supermarket, Aja 106104, Lagos.
- Debo Store, Shop G22, Ajah Market, Ajah, Lekki-Epe Expy. For your clothing and shoes
- Agape Superstore, Eti - Osa, Ajah, Adewunmi Street. Provisions like milk and tea
- Chizzy Sam Store, Shop No. M 32, Ajah Market, Ajah, Lekki-Epe Expy, ☏ .
- Ajah Shopping Mall, Lekki - Epe Expy, Aja 106104, Lekki.
- Eleganza Shopping Mall, Eleganza Shopping Mall, Vgc Eti-Osa Local Government Lagos NG, Aja 100001, Lekki.
- Blenco Shoppers Mall, Aja, Addo Rd, Lagos, Addo Rd, Lekki, ☏ .
- Hot Hut NG, 74 Modupe Young St, Aja 106104, Lagos, ☏ .
- Nanas La' Cuisine, Block B, House, 8b June 12 Blvd, Abraham Adesanya estate, Ajah, Lagos, ☏ .
- Sauce 'N' Spice Flavours, Suite K-149, Ikota Shopping Complex, VGC, 101255, Lekki, ☏ .
- Barbeque Bistro, 92 Addo Road, Ajah lekki, Aja 001234, Lagos.
- Pepper Roni Small Chops, Ikota Shopping Complex, Suite H 308, Rd 3, Aja, Lekki, ☏ . 9AM-8PM.
- 1 Havilah Lagos, Swiss Trade Drive street, Ikota-Lekki , Lagos (first right immediately after Northwest petrol station), ☏ . 8AM-10PM.
- 2 House of Pizza and Shawarma, Garden Complex, Addo Rd, Aja 100001, Lagos, ☏ . 8AM-10PM.
- Blossom Pub, Ademola Babalola St, Aja 106104, Shapati.
- Fashos Lounge, Shop 20 Chillat Plaza Addo Road, Ajah, ☏ .
- Heks Lounge Limited, Km 11 Lekki Epe Expressway, Ikota first gate, Aja 106104, Lagos.
- Trojan Night Club and Lounge, Tad Building, opposite Allos Gas Station, Addo Rd, ☏ .
- 1 Gravity Night Club, km 246 Lekki - Epe Expy, Aja 106104, Lagos, ☏ .
- 2 Club Mirage, Aja 106104, Lekki.
All the network connection has very good coverage in Ajah for 2G/3G/4G Networks. You need not bother too much about network coverage as they are all covered. MTN, 9Mobile, Airtel (Zain), and GLO are all available service providers. So if you are planning a visit to Ajah, you might not have to be so much concerned about the service provider to choose from as they all are reasonably reliable.