Alchevsk (Russian: Алчевск; Ukrainian: Алчевськ, Alčevs'k) is a city of 107,000 people (2021) in the Luhansk People's Republic.
Alchevsk is a large industrial center. The main industries are metallurgical and coke-chemical. The industry of building materials, electromechanical, construction, light and food industries is also developed. The main industrial employers of the city are the Alchevsk Metallurgical Combine and the Alchevsk Coke-Chemical Plant.
It is 45 km west of Luhansk.
- 1 Railway station "Kommunarsk" (Железнодорожная станция «Коммунарск»). It is on the Debaltseve—Luhansk railway line and passes trains from all western directions of the Luhansk railway station. Near the station there is a ring of three trolleybus routes - 3, 8 and 10, as well as a minibus stop.
You can drive to Alchevsk from Lugansk or Donetsk along the M-04 highway, the city is in the middle of the Debaltseve—Luhansk section.
Any interregional bus of the Luhansk direction.
Public transport in the city is represented by trolleybuses and by route taxis. Routes of buses and minibuses duplicate trolleybus routes, but have minor additions or deviations. Nevertheless, due to the long-term degradation of the trolleybus service, the role of the latter is steadily increasing.
- Lenin Prospect (проспект Ленина). Its architecture is in the style of "Stalin's empire". The buildings are decorated with columns, rosettes, vases, cornices and other decorative elements. Due to the lack of renovation work, the condition of the buildings has deteriorated significantly. At one end of the avenue Lenin, near the House of Culture of Chemists is a beautiful fountain with lights, and at the other is the Stele (Стелла) fountain in honor of the 20th anniversary of the Victory.
- St. Nicholas Cathedral (Свято-Николаевский Кафедральный Собор).
- 1 St. George's Church (Свято-Георгиевский храм), St. Popova , 106, ☏ . Completed in 2001.
- The Mother Sophia temple in honor of Faith, Hope & Charity (Храм в честь Веры, Надежды, Любви и матери их Софии).
- SU-100, a self-cooled gun (Самоходная артиллерийская установка СУ-100), Square the 30th anniversary of Victory.
- Spire, a monument in the form of a bayonet (Монумент в виде штыка - Шпиль), Square 40 anniversary of the Victory).
- Historical museum (Городской исторический музей), St. Kalinina, 2, ☏ . A branch of the Regional Museum. A one-room exhibition with an area of 400 m².
- Geological and mineralogical museum (Геолого-минералогический музей).
- The Smelter Factory Industrial History Museum (Музей истории металлургического завода).
- The Coke and Chemical Plant History Museum (Музей истории коксохимического завода).
- Museum of History of the University (Музей истории университета).
- 1 Stadium "Steel" (Стадион «Сталь»), st. Leningradskaya, 41. Home arena of the first league club "Stal". At the moment FC "Stal" does not take part in tournaments due to events in the East of Ukraine.
- Hotel "Sport", ul. Lipovenko, 14a. +380 6442 5-33-94.
- Hotel "Jubilee", ul. Kirov, 15. 2 stars. (Feb 2018)