GoTriangle route 311 goes to Apex from the Regional Transit Center, with connections to Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, and other parts of the Triangle. Route 305 from Raleigh also stops at Lake Pine Plaza on the outskirts of Apex. These are just limited commuter services, though, so look up the schedules beforehand and plan carefully.
- Historic Downtown Apex (Follow NC 55 into Downtown Apex).
- Apex PeakFest. Held on the first Saturday in May. The downtown area is closed off and over 200 vendors provide food, arts & crafts, rides, and other entertainment.
- Peak City Pig Fest. BBQ festival held annually in June. Free.
- Apex Music Festival. Annual music festival; the last one was in October 2018.
- Peak-Tique Antiques and Collectibles Festival. Antiques festival held annually in April.
- Brüeprint Brewing Company, 1229 Perry Rd #101. Their beers can be found all over North Carolina, but in Apex you can visit their taproom and try the beers at the source.
|Routes through Apex|
|Raleigh ← Cary ←||N S||→ Sanford → Columbia|
|Lexington ← Pittsboro ←||W E||→ Cary → Raleigh|