town in California
Seven miles south of Santa Cruz and seven miles north of Watsonville on Highway 1 (US-1). Exit State Park Drive, Rio del Mar Blvd. or Freedom Blvd.
- 1 The Forest of Nisene Marks, Aptos Creek Road and Soquel Dr (4 mi. N of Aptos on Aptos Creek Road.), ☏ . This state park is a beautiful, mossy area that used to be a logging site. It's great for hiking and mountain biking. Although most people don't know this, it's actually the site of the 1989 Loma Prieta quake epicenter. $6 parking fee.
- 2 Seacliff State Beach, State Park Dr (Exit at State Park Drive from Hwy 1 in Aptos.), ☏ . This beach can get crowded in the summer, but has some nice walks, a little visitors' center, and a striking centerpiece: the Palo Alto, a concrete ship with a strange history. It rots away in the water but is fascinating in a melancholy way. Read about it in the center if it's open when you're there (call ahead due to state budget cuts). Parking fee, unless you are creative and careful regarding street parking.
Watercolor postcards of the Palo Alto at the Seacliff visitors' center.
- Café Sparrow, 8042 Soquel Drive in Aptos Village, ☏ . A charming little French-inspired restaurant open for lunch and dinner daily, and brunch on weekends
- Au Midi, 7960 Soquel Dr, ☏ . 11:30-2,5:30-9 Wed-Sat; 5:30-9 Sunday. Outstanding French cafe emphasizing the flavors of Provence.
- Pizza 1, 253 Center Ave (Downtown), ☏ . Excellent, inventive, California-style pizzas with local ingredients. Although not inexpensive, the quality makes up for the cost. Check their website for an email coupon. Casual atmosphere. ~$25.
- 1 Burger Aptos, 7941 Soquel Drive, Aptos CA, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Open daily, 11AM to Late. Features blues bands from California and national acts.
- 2 Sanderlings Restaurant at Seascape, One Seascape Resort Dr, ☏ . Breakfast: Monday - Friday 6AM - 11AM Breakfast: Saturday & Sunday 7AM - 11AM Brunch: Saturday & Sunday 11AM - 2:30PM Lunch: Monday - Friday 11:30AM - 2:30PM Dinner: Daily 5:30PM - 10PM All Day Menu: Daily 11AM - Midnight. Anderlings Restaurant at Seascape Resort offers casual dining with a spectacular ocean view from sunrise to sunset. Breakfast, lunch, dinner, brunch, outdoor dining, children's menu, beer/wine, full bar, ocean view, banquet facilities, free wifi. Reservations recommended.
- 3 Severino's Bar & Grill at the Best Western Seacliff Inn, 7500 Old Dominion Ct, ☏ . Breakfast 6:30AM-11AM M-F, and from 7AM-11AM Sat & Sun. Lunch 11AM-2PM M-F Brunch 11AM- 2:30PM Sat & Sun. Dinner 5PM-9PM Sun- Th, including holidays. Breakfast, lunch, dinner, brunch, outdoor dining, children's menu, beer/wine, full bar, sports TV, banquet facilities. Reservations welcome.
- 4 Cafe Rio on the Beach, 131 Esplanade, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. Sun. - Thurs. 3PM - 9PM; Fri. & Sat. 3PM - 9:30PM. Popular local restaurant on the Beach in Rio Del Mar, featuring sustainable seafood, nightly specials and innovative cocktails with a heated dog-friendly patio overlooking the beach. Dinner, outdoor dining, children's menu, beer/wine, full bar, sports TV, ocean view, free wifi. Reservations recommended.
- 5 The Hideout, 9051 Soquel Dr, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Daily, 11:30AM - 9PM; Tuesdays 5PM - 9PM.
- 6 Manuel's Mexican Restaurant, 261 Center Ave, ☏ .
- 7 Ambrosia India Bistro, 207 Sea Ridge Rd, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com.
- 1 The Windjammer, 1 Rancho Del Mar, ☏ .
- Best Western Seacliff Inn, 7500 Old Dominion Ct, ☏ , toll-free: , fax: .
- Seascape Beach Resort, One Seascape Resort Dr, toll-free: . Offers room service, maid service and an award-winning restaurant on-site.
- 1 Rio Sands Hotel, 116 Aptos Beach Dr, ☏ , toll-free: , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. 50 units, pool, kitchenettes, suites, free continental breakfast, meeting space, hot tub, cable/satellite TV, DVD/VCR, free Internet, free Wi-Fi. No Pets. High season $179 - $359; low season $89-$169.
|Routes through Aptos|
|Santa Cruz ← Capitola ←||N S||→ Watsonville → Monterey|