If you're driving, Highway 1 and use 41st Avenue, Park Avenue or Bay Porter exits.
By bicycle, skateboard or bus. You could also call a taxi or an Uber.
- 1 Capitola City Beach. In the village is a wonderful family beach - lots of clean sand and small but regular waves for anyone learning to surf.
- 2 New Brighton Beach. A scenic state beach about two miles from Capitola Village. There is a campsite above the beach.
- The Ukulele Club of Santa Cruz. Gathers to play at the gazebo beside the City Beach on Sundays from 10-11:30AM. Great fun and music in a glorious setting.
Capitola hosts events year-round, including Twilight Concerts, Art at the Beach, the Capitola Begonia Festival, Movies at the Beach, and the Capitola Art and Wine Festival.
- Capitola Art & Wine Festival. An admission-free event held in Capitola Village. It features music and food, as well as art and wine; many local wineries, artists, and restaurants participate. This has been a Capitola tradition since 1983. In 2019, 160 artists and 22 wineries participated.
- Wharf to Wharf. This six-mile race from the Santa Cruz Municipal Wharf to the Capitola Wharf is known as "The best little roadrace in California." It began in 1973 and has gained popularity ever since. Cash prizes are doled out to the top three winners. The race is for all types of runners and is on a very scenic route. The race is limited to 15,000 runners.
Capitola Village offers a variety of shopping and dining options. The shopping area consists of a number of retail art galleries, jewelry stores, and cute boutiques that will satisfy even the most discerning shopper.
- Fog Bank. Located right on the beach and offers casual, stick-to-your-ribs style meals. Serves breakfast through dinner. Blues bands entertain in the evenings.
- 1 My Thai Beach, 207 Esplanade, ☏ . 11:30AM-10PM. Thai restaurant serving delicious food on the beach.
- Tortilla Flats, 4616 Soquel Dr, Soquel, ☏ . Very good Mexican food, including moles, and margaritas. Weekly tapas special (Monday and Tuesday) and special events menus. $6-15.
- 2 Shadowbrook Restaurant, 1750 Wharf Rd, ☏ , toll-free: . Gorgeous setting overlooking Soquel Creek and reached by a "cable car" tram. Fine dining, Old-World charm.
- Paradise Beach Grille, 215 Esplanade, ☏ . Overlooking the water in Capitola Village, offers great atmosphere and island fusion cuisine. Full bar.
- 3 Zelda's on the Beach, 203 Esplanade, ☏ . 7AM-2AM. Located on the beach with spectacular views of the Monterey Bay and Capitola wharf. Thursdays are Lobster Night. Fridays are Prime Rib Night. Live Music every Friday and Saturday nights. Patio dining, bar, restaurant, full espresso bar. Free WiFi.
- 1 Best Western Plus Capitola By-the-Sea Inn & Suites, 1435 41st Ave, ☏ , toll-free: , fax: , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Free high-speed internet and expanded continental breakfast. 58 units, pool, fireplace suites, meeting space, fitness center, laundry, whirlpool tub, hot tub, cable/satellite TV. No pets.
- 2 Capitola Hotel, 210 Esplanade, ☏ , toll-free: , ✉ email@example.com. Clean comfortable upscale rooms & friendly, knowledgeable staff. 10 units, kitchenettes, free continental breakfast, cable/satellite TV, free Internet, free Wi-Fi, No pets.
- 3 Quality Inn, 720 Hill St.
- 4 Inn at Depot Hill, 250 Monterey Ave, ☏ , toll-free: , ✉ DepotHill@innsbythesea.com. A romantic retreat in a historic train depot. Guests enjoy a continental breakfast, afternoon wine and hors d'oeuvres, free parking and wireless internet. 12 rooms, fireplace, whirlpool tub, hot tub, cable/satellite TV, free Wi-Fi, private bath, no pets.
- 5 Capitola Venetian Hotel, 1500 Wharf Rd, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. The Capitola Venetian is an all-suite, boutique hotel on the beach. AMENITIES: 19 units fireplace full kitchens suites cable/satellite TV free Internet, no pets. High season $289-519; low season $75-305..
- 6 Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Santa Cruz - Capitola, 1255 41st Ave, ☏ , toll-free: . Elegant hotel. Free internet, breakfast, pool/spa, bocce court, whirlpools, fireplaces. Conference room & lounge. 84 rooms, fitness center, laundry, whirlpool tub, hot tub, cable/satellite TV, free Wi-Fi, no pets. High season $179+; low season $109+..
- Santa Cruz - Located six miles west of Capitola, Santa Cruz is best known as a countercultural hub, with a fun bohemian feel and youthful vibe, and weekend tourist attractions like the Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk, a historic mission, and the dubious Mystery Spot. The beaches north and south of Santa Cruz are considered some of the more pristine areas of natural beauty in central California, and while conditions generally make them impractical for swimming, several are considered an expert surfer's cold cold paradise.
|Routes through Capitola|
|San Francisco ← Santa Cruz ←||N S||→ Aptos → Monterey|