Ashland is a city in Boyd County in the Kentucky Appalachians near the confluence of the Big Sandy and Ohio Rivers. It was founded at Poage's Landing, Ashland was Boyd County.
- From Interstate 64 there are two exits.
Ashland is served by Amtrak and its the thrice-weekly Cardinal train service between New York and Chicago, via Cincinnati and Indianapolis. Westbound trains arrive around 10PM while eastbound ones arrive early morning about 6:30AM, delays are however quite common. 1 Ashland Transportation Center is located in downtown at 99 15th St.
- Paramount Arts Center- Various cultural programs and nationally renown artists/concerts.
- Summer Motion is a two-week festival culminating on July 4th. Events include concerts, air show, and a carnival.
- Greenbo State Park
- Carter Caves State Park
- The Cafe Zeal (inside the Frame Up Gallery), 1436 Winchester Ave, ☏ .
- Chimney Corner Café, 1624 Carter Ave, ☏ .
- C.J. Maggie's' American Grill, 1442 Winchester Ave, ☏ .
- Andy's, US 23 – Catlettsburg, +1 606 739-6565
- Crisp's Dairy Treat, US 60 W, Summit, +1 606 928-8193
- Jim's Hotdogs & Spaghetti (in the arcade), 1536 Winchester Ave, Ste #18, ☏ .
- 1 LaFinca Mexican Restaurant, 1201 Greenup Ave, ☏ .
- Moe's Southwest Grill, 115 6th St, ☏ .
The city of Ashland is "wet", meaning that full retail alcohol sales are allowed. Boyd County is dry, but allows alcohol sales by the drink in larger restaurants (seating at least 100). The same applies in the nearby city of Russell, which is in Boyd County's otherwise dry neighbor of Greenup County. Nearby areas in Ohio and West Virginia are wet.
|Routes through Ashland|
|Cincinnati ← Maysville ←||W E||→ Huntington → Charleston|
|Columbus ← Portsmouth ←||N S||→ Catlettsburg → Kingsport|
|Lexington ← Carter Caves State Resort Park ←||W E||→ Catlettsburg → Charleston|