Weekday commuter rail service to and from Washington, D.C. is provided by Virginia Railway Express. Intercity service is provided via Amtrak as Manassas is a stop of the Northeast Regional service between Boston, New York City and Lynchburg. Additionally, two long distance trains also calls here, the tri-weely Cardinal between New York and Chicago as well as the daily Crescent between New York and New Orleans. 1 Manassas station is located at 9431 West St, next to downtown.
- BestBus, ☎ , toll-free: . Operates service to/from Penn Station in New York City; Pickup/dropoff at commuter lot on Cushing Road by Omniride-PRTC stop. Buses offer free Wi-Fi, electrical outlets, and free water. $25-$50.
- Potomac and Rappahannock Transportation Commission. Operates commuter bus service to/from Washington DC.
Manassas is mainly served by I-66, U.S. 29, Virginia State Route 234 Business and Virginia State Route 28, which runs through the City's historic downtown. PRTC Transit operates a limited regional bus system.
Sudley Road (Route 234 Business) runs North/South through Manassas, is the main shopping artery of the city.
- Splashdown Waterpark, ☎ .
- Ice Skating @ Harris Pavillion, 9201 Center Street (Old Town Manassas), ☎ . Closed Monday & Tuesday; Wed - Thurs - 3:00 - 8:00; Friday - 3:00 - 10:00; Sat - 12:00 - 10:00; Sun - 12:00 - 5:00. Adults: $8; Children: $7; Skate Rental: $5.
- General's Ridge Golf Course, 9701 Manassas Drive, ☎ .
- Magic Putting Place, 8902 Mathis Ave, ☎ , e-mail: email@example.com. 2 18-hole miniature golf courses. Before 6pm M–F: $4.00; Before 6pm Sa, Su, & Holidays: $4.50; After 6pm: $5.00; Additional 18 Holes of Golf: $2.00.
- 1 Manassas Mall, 8300 Sudley Rd, ☎ . 10AM-9PM M-Sa 10AM-6PM Su. Features many major clothing stores.
- 2 J.E. Rice True Value Hardware, 9124 Mathis Ave, ☎ . A traditional hardware store in business for over 70 years.
- 3 Prospero's Books, 9129 Center St, ☎ . 12PM-6PM M-Sa. Local used book store with massive inventory. Old military gear and other antiques speckle this store full of books some of which are over 100+ years old.
Manassas is fairly close to Washington DC, so there's a decent selection of minority ethnic restaurants in addition to regular fare. In addition, many chains are represented in Manassas including Cracker Barrel, Bob Evans, Golden Corral, Great American Steak and Buffet, Red, Hot and Blue, Hooters, Logan's Roadhouse, and local favorite Five Guys hamburgers. Manassas is also known locally for its unusually high number of 7/11 convenience stores per capita. This includes two on Sudley Road that are inexplicably right next door to each other. Local favorites are concentrated in the historic Downtown. The city of Manassas has a meals tax.
- 1 City Tavern Grille, 9550 Center St, ☎ .
- 2 Foster's Grill, 9417 West St (Old Town), ☎ .
- 3 Okra's Cajun Creole Restaurant, 9110 Center St (Old Town), ☎ .
- 4 Tony's New York Pizza, 9108 Mathis Avenue, ☎ . A Napoli family-run Italian restaurant, with undoubtedly the best pizza, salads, pastas in the area
- 5 Kline's Freeze, 8200 Centreville Rd, ☎ . Small soft serve ice cream hut with a vast variety of options include traditional malts that are to die for.
- 6 Tom's Diner, 9003 Centreville Rd, ☎ . Small American diner food restaurant. Great local alternative to IHOP.
- 7 Nathan's Dairy Bar, 8948 Mathis Ave, ☎ . Su-Th: 11AM-10PM; F-Sa: 11AM-11PM. Extremely popular ice cream parlor.
- Centreville (Virginia) don't go there next, go there at the same time. With Centreville road (SR 28) connecting Centreville and Manassas, they're almost two different parts of the same city.
|Routes through Manassas|
|Charleston ← Culpeper ←||W E||→ Alexandria → Washington, D.C.|
|Lynchburg ← Culpeper ←||S/SW N/NE||→ Alexandria → Washington, D.C.|
|Middletown ← Front Royal ←||W E||→ Centreville → Washington, D.C.|
|Washington, D.C. ← Centreville ←||N S||→ Culpeper → Charlottesville|
|END ← Bristow ←||W E||→ Burke → Washington, D.C.|