Get in Edit
By train Edit
Weekday commuter rail service to and from Washington, D.C. is provided by Virginia Railway Express. Intercity service is provided via Amtrak as Manassas is a stop of the Northeast Regional service between Boston, New York City and Lynchburg. Additionally, two long distance trains also calls here, the tri-weely Cardinal between New York and Chicago as well as the daily Crescent between New York and New Orleans.
By bus Edit
- BestBus, ☏ , toll-free: . Operates service to/from Penn Station in New York City; Pickup/dropoff at commuter lot on Cushing Road by Omniride-PRTC stop. Buses offer free Wi-Fi, electrical outlets, and free water. $25-50.
- Potomac and Rappahannock Transportation Commission. Operates commuter bus service from Washington DC.
By plane Edit
Get around Edit
Manassas is mainly served by I-66, U.S. 29, Virginia State Route 234 Business and Virginia State Route 28, which runs through the City's historic downtown. PRTC Transit operates a limited regional bus system.
Sudley Road (Route 234 Business) runs North/South through Manassas, is the main shopping artery of the city.
- Splashdown Waterpark, ☏ .
- Ice Skating @ Harris Pavillion, 9201 Center Street (Old Town Manassas), ☏ . Closed M Tu, W Th 3-8PM, F 3-10PM, Sa noon-10PM, Su noon-5PM. Adult $8, child $7, skate rental $5.
- Magic Putting Place, 8902 Mathis Ave, ☏ , email@example.com. 2 18-hole miniature golf courses. M–F before 6PM $4.00, Sa Su holidays before 6PM $4.50, after 6PM $5.00, additional 18 holes of golf $2.00.
- Golf: lots of courses, but the premier is Robert Trent Jones GC on the lakeside in Gainesville. The Solheim Cup is played here 13-15 Sept 2024 - the women's equivalent of the Ryder Cup, USA versus Europe.
Manassas is fairly close to Washington DC, so there's a decent selection of minority ethnic restaurants in addition to regular fare. In addition, many chains are represented in Manassas including Cracker Barrel, Bob Evans, Golden Corral, Great American Steak and Buffet, Red, Hot and Blue, Hooters, Logan's Roadhouse, and local favorite Five Guys hamburgers. Manassas is also known locally for its unusually high number of 7/11 convenience stores per capita. This includes two on Sudley Road that are inexplicably right next door to each other. Local favorites are concentrated in the historic Downtown. The city of Manassas has a meals tax.
- 1 City Tavern Grille, 9550 Center St, ☏ .
- 2 Foster's Grill, 9417 West St (Old Town), ☏ .
- 3 Tony's New York Pizza, 9108 Mathis Avenue, ☏ . A Napoli family-run Italian restaurant, with undoubtedly the best pizza, salads, pastas in the area
- 4 Tom's Diner, 9003 Centreville Rd, ☏ . Small American diner food restaurant. Great local alternative to IHOP.
- 5 Nathan's Dairy Bar, 8948 Mathis Ave, ☏ . Su-Th 11AM-10PM; F Sa 11AM-11PM. Extremely popular ice cream parlor.
Go next Edit
- Centreville (Virginia) don't go there next, go there at the same time. With Centreville road (SR 28) connecting Centreville and Manassas, they're almost two different parts of the same city.
|Routes through Manassas|
|Charleston ← Culpeper ←||W E||→ Alexandria → Washington, D.C.|
|Lynchburg ← Culpeper ←||S/SW N/NE||→ Alexandria → Washington, D.C.|
|Middletown ← Front Royal ←||W E||→ Centreville → Washington, D.C.|
|Washington, D.C. ← Centreville ←||N S||→ Culpeper → Charlottesville|
|END ← Bristow ←||W E||→ Burke → Washington, D.C.|