human settlement in Atlanta, Georgia, United States of America
South Atlanta contains the neighborhoods:
To get to Grant Park, take MARTA Bus #397 from King Memorial Station. By car, exit from I-20 at Blvd SE.
- 1 Cellairis Amphitheatre (Lakewood Amphitheater). Attend a concert or event
- 2 Oakland Cemetery, 48 Oakland Avenue, ☏ . Historic graveyard (established 1850) which is the burial site of Margaret Mitchell, Bobby Jones, and many Civil War soldiers.
- 3 Zoo Atlanta (next to Cyclorama), ☏ . Open every day 9:30AM-4:30PM; Sa Su during daylight savings time 9:30AM-5:30PM; closed Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year's Day. This zoo specializes in primates and African animals but also has Giant Pandas, Bornean Sumatran orangutans, Asian small-clawed otters, and a childrens' zoo. $20.99 (adults); $16.99 (seniors); $15.99 (children).
- 4 Starlight Drive-In Theatre and Flea Market, 2000 Moreland Ave SE, ☏ . Drive-in movie theater that also hosts a swap meet every Saturday and Sunday.
- 1 Daddy D'z: The Bar-B-Que Joynt, 264 Memorial Drive, ☏ . M-Th 11AM-10PM, F Sa 11AM-12:30AM, Su noon-9:30PM. Excellent barbecue in a small building with a lot of character. $9-16.
- 2 Ria's Bluebird, 421 Memorial Dr SE, ☏ . 8AM-3PM. Hip breakfast restaurant, voted "best pancakes in world" by NY Times. Come early or be prepared to wait. $5-13.
|Routes through South|
|Doraville ← Downtown ←||N S||→ East Point → Hartsfield-Jackson ATL|
|Sandy Springs ← Downtown ←||N S||→ East Point → Hartsfield-Jackson ATL|