When you read the guidebooks about Detroit (the few that are published about it) they mention SMART buses and the Detroit Department of Transportation. Bus service in Auburn Hills is slow, complicated, and sometimes even more expensive than driving a car.
Because of the geography of Detroit and its environs, the car is king. But don't be afraid of it, cars are only a means to an end; the end being the unique Detroit people.
- 1 Walter P. Chrysler Museum, 1 Chrysler Dr, ☏ , fax: . Sixty-five historic vehicles on three floors; history of Chrysler, AMC and their predecessors. On Chrysler corporate campus, available for groups and meeting rentals but not otherwise open to the public. On rare occasions, a group may rent the facility for an event (such as the annual CEMA car show in June) to which the public is invited; this might be the only window for public museum visits.
- Avondale Theatre Company, Avondale High School, ☏ . The local high school puts on an average of 3 plays a year (that number is increasing with new shows being added for performances in a small studio theatre), usually running from September to April. For tickets contact Mr. Ed Guay, director of the Theatre Company.
- 1 Palace of Auburn Hills, 6 Championship Dr, ☏ . Performance venue for major popular music stars. It had been home to the NBA's Detroit Pistons for nearly 30 years, but the team moved in 2017 to Little Caesars Arena in Midtown Detroit.
- Oakland Golden Grizzlies, RAC 201, 569 Pioneer Dr, Rochester (ticket office), ☏ . Sports teams of Oakland University, competing in NCAA Division I in 8 men's and 11 women's sports (though not football), mostly in the Horizon League. Most of the athletic venues are on the school's sprawling campus, split between Auburn Hills and adjacent Rochester Hills. Without a football team, the hot-button sport on campus is men's basketball, which shares the Athletics Center O'rena with the women's basketball and volleyball teams.
- Great Lakes Crossing, 4000 Baldwin Rd, toll-free: . M-Sa 7AM-9PM, Su 8AM-6PM. Outlet mall with multiplex cinema, game arcade and food court.
- 1 Crowne Plaza Auburn Hills, 1500 N Opdyke Rd, ☏ .
See also hotels that are in Pontiac.
|Routes through Auburn Hills|
|Flint ← Clarkston ←||N S||→ Bloomfield Twp → Detroit|
|END ←||N S||→ Pontiac → Bloomfield Twp|