city in Maricopa County, Arizona, United States
It was incorporated in 1946. In 2019, its population was 87,931.
- Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport - 2845 E. Buckeye Road, Phoenix, AZ
- Interstate 10 runs through it.
- Estrella Mountain Regional Park, 14805 W Vineyard Ave, ☏ . Large, mountainous park featuring many trails, a large amount of wetland and undisturbed desert, plus a few picnic sites.
- Estrella Mountain Competitive Track, ☏ . Part of Estrella Mountain Park, this racing track is good for kids and is located near Rudy's bbq and the Phoenix Raceway.
- Phoenix Raceway, 7602 S Avondale Blvd, ☏ . Large stock-car racing venue that has held NASCAR races, and can hold 65,000+ people. Though it is called the "Phoenix Raceway", it is actually located in Avondale.
- Friendship Park, 12325 W McDowell Rd, ☏ . Large park with multiple playgrounds (including a children's playground), baseball and soccer fields, and a dog park. Located near a restaurant and shopping complex.
- Festival Fields Park, 101 E Lower Buckeye Rd, ☏ . Small park with a few trails, playgrounds, a dog park, and restaurants. Good for kids, and handicap-friendly.
- CVS, 280 N Avondale Blvd, ☏ . Mainly a drugstore, but also selling cosmetic products, groceries, and household products.
- Walmart Supermarket, 13055 W Rancho Santa Fe Blvd, ☏ . Department store located near Interstate 10, with a fairly large selection of items. Offers in-store shopping and curbside pickup.
- Home Depot, 1489 N Dysart Rd, ☏ . Home improvement store selling tools, appliances, and other products. Offers in-store shopping and curbside pickup.
- Rudy's bbq, 8074 S Oasis Dr. Located near the Phoenix Raceway and the Estrella Mountain Competitive Track in Estrella Mountain Park, this casual restaurant provides comfort food. The food served there is quite easy to eat, and the prices are generally good, though the price is higher on racing day.
- Culver's, 1025 N Avondale Blvd, ☏ . Fast-food chain whose signature dishes are frozen custard and signature burgers, usually made from dairy and beef from the Midwest. It offers large portion sizes, and provides late-night food and outdoor seating.
- Garden Grille & Bar, 11460 W Hilton Way, ☏ . Bar and grille in the Hilton Garden Inn, serving American food as well as pizza and pasta.
- Panda Express, 11555 W Van Buren St, ☏ . Fast-food Chinese restaurant with a few healthy options. Offers comfort food, outdoor seating, and small plates.
- 8-Bit Aleworks, 1050 N Fairway Dr building f suite 101, ☏ . Brewery with a large variety of beers, and located within a large shopping complex. Offers takeout.
- Aguila's Hidaway, 1235 N Dysart Rd, ☏ . Dimly lit bar serving cocktails, bar snacks, wine, and beer, with a pool table and darts in the building. Takeout-only.
- Scale & Feather Meadery, 1050 N Fairway Dr Building E, Suite 112, ☏ . Winery located in the same complex as 8-Bit Aleworks. This building is quite well-decorated, and the staff are generally quite friendly.
- Hilton Garden Inn Phoenix/Avondale, 11460 W Hilton Way, ☏ . Contemporary hotel with free Wi-Fi, an in-house American restaurant, an outdoor pool, free parking, and a laundry service. Also includes air-conditioning and is handicap-accessible. $80.
- Homewood Suites by Hilton Phoenix-Avondale, 11450 W Hilton Way, ☏ . Extended-stay hotel. Includes kitchens, a pool, shuttle service, free breakfast, parking, and WiFi, is handicap-accessible and air-conditioned, and has an outdoor pool. $100.
- My Place Hotel - Phoenix West/Avondale, AZ, 915 N Avondale Blvd, ☏ . Rooms are medium-sized and have kitchenettes, and the hotel includes free Wi-Fi and parking, a business center, an outdoor pool and a fitness room. The hotel is also handicap-accessible and includes air-conditioning. The rooms have toasters and many cabinets, and are generally well-kept. $109.
- Residence Inn by Marriott Phoenix West/Avondale, 11410 West Hotel Way, ☏ . All-suite hotel with a gym, outdoor pool, free Wi-Fi, parking, and breakfast. This hotel is also handicap-accessible, and is air-conditioned. $119.