The nearest airport is San Francisco International Airport (SFO IATA). It is also possible but not ideal to land at Oakland International Airport (OAK IATA) or San Jose International Airport (SJC IATA).
Take Caltrain and get off at Belmont Station.
- 1 Belmont railway station, 995 El Camino Real.
Take the Ralston Avenue exit from US-101. You can also reach Belmont by exiting at Ralston Avenue on US-92.
- 1 Ralston Hall Mansion, 1500 Ralston Ave., ☏ . Built in 1868, the Ralston Hall Mansion is a National and California Historic Landmark inside the Notre Dame de Namur University. It is closed because of structural integrity issues resulting from an earthquake.
- Len Turner Memorial Vista Point. Near the intersection of Ralston Avenue and Belmont Canyon Road, you can get a great view the San Francisco Bay Area if no fog is present.
- Water Dog Park, Lyall Way (off Ralston). Nice little park with a lake in the middle, good for hikes! Allows dogs and mountain biking. free.
- Planet Granite, 100 El Camino Real, ☏ . Place to go if you want to try indoor rock climbing. They also have a fitness gym and yoga lessons.
- Waterdog Lake. Nice hiking and biking trail on the hillside. Very hilly. If you are using headphones, listen at low level as there are many mountain bikers.
- 1 Lorenzo's Sandwich Shop, 911 Villa Ave, ☏ . An excellent sandwich shop hidden near Carlmont Village Shopping Center. Bring cash as they do not accept debit or credit cards. The hot pastrami sandwich on Dutch crunch roll is one of the popular choices.
- 2 The Van's Restaurant, 815 Belmont Ave, ☏ . A good steakhouse up on the hill. The building was erected as part of the Japanese exhibition for the 1915 Panama-Pacific International Exposition. It was moved from SF to the current location after the exposition.
- Good Bites, El Camino. Awesome Filipino and American breakfasts. Great coffee and eggs. Any of the silog dishes are highly recommended. Cheap and tasty!
|Routes through Belmont|
|San Francisco ← San Mateo ←||N S||→ San Carlos → San Jose|