Belturbet is serviced by three Bus operators, Bus Eireann, Ulsterbus and Leydon's Bus Service. There is a daily link between Belturbet and Dublin Airport, 6 times daily return service (Route 30) or 13 times daily return if boarding at Cavan (Route 30X) See BusEireann timetables for this service.
Many visitors wishing to hire a car whilst here. Europcar and Enterprise Car Rental are both based on the Dublin Road, from Cavan. Some do special "half-price" weekend rentals at "off peak" times of the year.
The following bus routes provide service beyond the town, and may be useful to those who wish to explore the surrounding vicinity. They can also be used for journeys within the town:
- Bus Éireann Expressway 30 provides an express service southeast to Cavan, Virginia, Dublin Airport and Dublin City, and northwest to Enniskillen, Ballyshannon and Donegal, 6 times per day Monday to Sunday.
- Martin Leydon 930 operates southeast to Cavan and northwest to Ballyconnell and Swanlinbar, 3 times per day Monday to Friday.
Route maps, including stop locations, are available by entering the route number into the TFI route mapper.
- Heart of the Lakes of Erne
- Belturbet Fitness Centre, Erne Hill, ☏ . M-Th 09:30-14:00 15:00-21:00, close at 20:00 F, Sa 10:00-16:00. Get in shape & feel great. Lots of classes to choose from Pilates, Kettlebells, spin class, Body Conditioning, Zumba, Circuits. Memberships monthly 3 month 6 month memberships available.
- KIngfisher Fishing Boat Hire, ☏ . Hours: One hour after sunrise to one hour before sunset. Why not make your trip to Belturbet complete and explore the River Erne. Enjoy some fishing or just catch up with the abundance of nature that lives along the banks of the river? Boats are available for hire, complete with four life jackets, a small engine, a starter full tank of fuel and oars.
- Course Fishing Packages.
- Belturbet Charity Shop supporting St Christophers Hospice, Erne Hill (Old Belturbet Road - southside), ☏ . 09:30-18:30. Think of the charity shop before you "bin" anything that somebody else could use. Bargains.
- Seven Horse Shoes. Hotel, bar and restaurant, catering for everyday locals, visitors, events and serving lunch and dinner in addition to the full bar service.
Events catered for, like Christenings, Communion, Confirmation, Weddings, Engagement Parties, Special Birthdays, Retirement Parties, etc.
- Slieve Russell Hotel.
- Rahulton Fine Dining Indian Restaurant (Rahulton Luxury B&B), Rahulton-Castle Saundersen (Take the Clones Road for Catle Saundersen), ☏ . 18:00-22:00 Monday - Sunday. Premises with extensive grounds can be used for weddings and other gatherings. A small lake/big pond on the grounds can be fished or navigated across by row boat. Free-range chickens provide fresh eggs and most of the vegetables used in the kitchen are grown in their own vegetable garden. A small flock of sheep are permanent residents on the property and there is also a beautiful retired racehorse with pony companion. Wheelchair accessible.
- Bedrock Cafe, Erne Hill (Old Belturbet Road South side- see website map), ☏ . Daily. A family run business that caters for bus tours and larger groups. Offers all-day breakfast. As much of their food as possible is sourced locally. Wheelchair accessible.
- Angela's Deli (Duffy's), The Diamond Belturbet (Beside the Town Hall). Home cooking take-away, always fresh and wholesome. Lots of home-baked products too (including wheat free).
- Widows Pub.
- Yukon Bar (The Yukon), Holborn Hill (On the main road through Belturbet Town - red facade with Grapevine), ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. Has a lounge area and playing pool and darts, and also a sheltered and heated veranda. Some nights a group is there to entertain, but anyone with the ability to sing, dance or play an instrument is welcome to "take the stage". There is also a jukebox.
- [dead link] Clonandra Holiday Cottages, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Three-star, tourist board approved 1-, 2-, 3- and 5-bedroom cottages.
- Fortview House Bed and Breakfast (Fortview House), Cloverhill (N3 to Butlersbridge, N54 to Cloverhill, turn right at church Fortview is 1.5miles on left), ☏ . Check-in: 12:00, check-out: 11:00. Beautiful farmhouse set in a valley between 2 forts with home comforts and a log fire. Home cooking. Pub next door. €35 B&B sharing.
- Cloverhill Gate Lodge, Cloverhill Village (opposite the Old Post Inn), ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. A beautiful old 18th-century restored stone cottage, with large mature garden and patio.
- Belturbet Railway Station Masters House, Railway Rd (Follow N3 to Belturbet, when in town follow signs to the station), ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. The Belturbet Railway Station Master house has been lovingly refitted to bring in the modern age with mod cons such as a flat screen TV and wifi. The house is Ideally situated in the peaceful town of Belturbet on the banks of Upper Lough Erne and with direct access to the Shannon-Erne Waterway.
- Erneside Townhouses, Kilconny, Belturbet, County Cavan. (135km from Dubli Airport along N3.), ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. Check-in: 16:00, check-out: 11:00. Erneside Townhouses are located near the River Erne in Belturbet town, and with 3 bedrooms per house, can accommodate a family or group of 6 people. Rates per week, include bed linen and refuse disposal. Erneside Townhouses offer negotiable longer term rates. 299€.