- For other places with the same name, see Bentonville (disambiguation).
Bentonville is a city of 51,000 people (2018) in the Northwest region of Arkansas. Widely known as the home to the corporate headquarters of retail giant Walmart, the city was noted by Travel + Leisure magazine as one of the "Hottest Travel Destinations of 2012".
Tourism is the area is booming, thanks to the corporate traveler during the week and families on the weekends. If you are looking for things to do while in town, visit the local Chamber of Commerce's website, or stop by the Bentonville Convention & Visitors Bureau, which is on the Bentonville square.
Because the majority of the population are "transplants" from other areas of the country (moved here for business), people are open to visitors and very friendly. There is also an air of "southern hospitality."
There is excellent highway connections to Bentonville from Kansas City, Tulsa, or Little Rock. If driving in is not an option, fly directly into the Northwest Arkansas Regional Airport (XNA). If airline ticket cost is a factor, consider flying into one of the international airports within a short driving distance, such as Tulsa or Kansas City.
- 1 Northwest Arkansas Regional Airport (XNA) (Located about 12 miles soutwest of Bentonville.). The closest airport with regular commercial flights.
- 2 Bentonville Municipal Airport (VBT). A small General aviation airport. Its other name, Louise Thaden Field, comes from a local aviation pioneer.
- Razorback Regional Greenway. Bike trail that connects Bentonville with other major Arkansas destinations.
The city is easy to navigate and finding your way around is simple. While there is an abundance of taxi services available in Bentonville, they are expensive. Rent a car if you are going to be in town more than a day.
- Ozark Regional Transit. Provides very limited transit options around the Bentonville-Rogers area.
- 2 Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art, 600 Museum Way, ☏ . 50,000-sq-ft museum showcasing works valued in many millions of dollars. Free.
- The Momentary, 507 Se E St, ☏ . Su Tu W 10AM-7PM; Th F Sa 10AM-10PM. A contemporary art museum, and Satellite campus of the Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art. Free.
- 3 The Walmart Museum (Walton's 5 & 10 Museum/Walmart Visitor Center), 105 N Main St, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. M-Th 8AM-9PM, F Sa 8AM-10PM, Su noon-9PM. Free.
- 4 Museum of Native American History (MONAH), 202 SW "O" St, ☏ . M-Sa 9AM-5PM. Free.
- 5 Peel Mansion Museum & Heritage Gardens, 400 S Walton Blvd, ☏ . Tu-Sa 10AM-3PM (tours start every hour on the hour). Adults $5 plus tax, children (6-12) $2 plus tax, Under 6 free.
- 6 Scott Family Amazeum, 1099 Museum Way, ☏ . Adults & kids $9.50, under 2 free.
Among the dozens of fast food and national chain restaurants in Bentonville, there are also many excellent local restaurants to try.
- Table Mesa Bistro, 108 E Central Ave, ☏ .
- Doe's Eat Place, 2806 S Walton Blvd, ☏ .
- The River Grille, 2005 Beau Terre Dr, ☏ .
- Fred's Hickory Inn, 1502 N Walton Blvd, ☏ .
- Orlando's Place, 1100 SE 14th St, ☏ .
- Petit Bistro, 2702 N Walton Blvd, ☏ .
- Redbud Cafe, 609 SW 8th St, ☏ .
- The Station Cafe, 111 N Main St, ☏ .
- Tavola, 108 SE A St.
- Tusk & Trotter American Brasserie, 110 SE A St, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Gusano's Pizzeria, 2905 S Walton Blvd #9, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. 11AM-11PM on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday, 11AM-10PM every other day.. Chicago-style pizzeria and sports bar with the self-proclaimed "best Chicago-style pizza in the world". Part of a tiny chain of 8 restaurants in and around Arkansas.
Bentonville does not have a bar/club scene (Bentonville was in a dry county until November 2012), but there are many great places to have a drink. Here are some suggestions that have consistent good service and pricing:
- Executive Escape Lounge, 1120 S Walton Blvd (in South Walton Suites on first floor), ☏ .
- The Vendor Club, 3001 NE 11th St (in Simmons Suites on first floor), ☏ .
- Bentley's Irish Pub (formerly the Celtic Grill), 911 Southeast 28th Street, ☏ .
There are diverse hotels in Bentonville, depending on the service quality and/or the amount you want to pay. Midweek room rates are on the high end because of the corporate traveler demand. You will be able to find up to 50% or more off Bentonville hotel rooms on the weekends.
- Best Western Castlerock Bentonville Inn, 2307 SE Walton Blvd, ☏ , fax: .
- Courtyard Bentonville, Beau Terre Office Park, 1001 McClain Rd., ☏ , fax: .
- 1 Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, 2205 SE Walton Blvd, ☏ .
- 2 La Quinta, SE Walton Blvd.
- Motel 6, SE Walton Blvd.
- Simmons Suites, 3001 NE 11th St, ☏ , fax: .
- 3 SpringHill Suites Bentonville, 2304 SE Walton Blvd, ☏ , fax: .
- Suburban Extended Stay Hotel, 200 SW Suburban Ln, ☏ , fax: .
- TownePlace Suites Bentonville/ Rogers, 3100 SE 14th St, ☏ , fax: .
- 4 21c Museum Hotel, 200 NE A St, ☏ . Check-in: 4PM, check-out: 11AM.
|Routes through Bentonville|
|Joplin ← Bella Vista ← ends ←||N S||→ Rogers → Fayetteville|