Rogers is a medium-sized town in Northwest Arkansas, in the Ozarks region, and is part of the Rogers-Bentonville-Springdale-Fayetteville metropolitan area. Rogers was founded in 1881 by a railroad baron, and has a historic brick-streeted downtown from its heyday in this time period. However, development has sprawled around Interstate 540, leaving some older parts of town run-down. Rogers is essentially a small town that has had widespread suburban development, leading to heavy traffic on arterial streets. Most of the city outside downtown is unfriendly to walkers and bikers.
Rogers offers fairly easy access to other cities in the region as well as rural areas in the Ozarks, with a wealth of outdoor and recreational opportunities.
Interstate 49 (formerly Interstate 540) is the main highway coming from Fort Smith and traveling north into Missouri. From the east, scenic highway 62 also leads to Rogers from Eureka Springs.
- Rogers Farmers Market (downtown). May-Oct: W Sa 7-11AM. It offers local produce during the summer.
- Rogers Public Library. Wi-Fi hotspot.
- Local parks. There are many excellent parks in Rogers.
- Arkansas Music Pavilion (Walmart AMP) (on the edge of town near the Pinnacle Hills Mall, just off Interstate 49). A music venue in Rogers. This is a permanent outdoor amphitheater (the "largest stage house in Arkansas", according to their website) with a seating area and a lawn section, hosting a variety of national touring music acts. Concessions include food and beer. The shows are managed by the Walton Arts Center in Fayetteville, so tickets are sold through the WAC's website.
- Gusano's Pizzeria, 2603 W Pleasant Grove Rd #112, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. 11AM-11PM on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday, 11AM-10PM every other day. Chicago-style pizzeria and sports bar with the self-proclaimed "best Chicago-style pizza in the world". Part of a tiny chain of 8 restaurants in and around Arkansas.
|Routes through Rogers|
|Joplin ← Bentonville ←||N S||→ Springdale → Fayetteville|
|Fayetteville ← Springdale ←||W E||→ Eureka Springs → Mountain Home|