Berlin is a village in Holmes County.
While English is the primary language, some Amish may additionally speak German in the form of Pensylvainia Dutch.
More conservitive Amish consider it rude to be the subject of a photograph, particularly when their full face is visible. Ask permission, and if denied respect their wishes.
Berlin lies on US 62 in between Millersburg and Brewster. Mind Amish buggies while driving.
- Behalt (Amish and Mennonite Heritage Center), 5798 County Road 77, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. "Sistine Chapel of the Amish and Mennonites". For a stunning visual depiction of the history of the Amish and Mennonite people, visit the Heritage Center's cyclarama. Tours of the huge 360 degree mural (10' x 265') are narrated by Mennonite guides. The center also provides a free 15-minute video about the area and its population. The Cyclarama costs $6.50 per person.
- Rainbow of Hope Benefit Auction (Held at the Mt Hope Auction), ☏ . in July of each year.
- Mount Hope Auction/Farmers Produce Auction, P.O. Box 82, 8076 St Rt 241 Mt. Hope, ☏ . Weekly auctions of livestock, horses, machinery, surrounded by primitive flea market. Other special auctions of furniture and exotics throughout the year.
- Berlin Farmstead, 4757 Township Rd 366, ☏ .
- The Barn Inn Bed and Breakfast, 6838 County Road 203, toll-free: . Ranked a Top 12 Bed and Breakfast in the world.
- 1 Pine Cove Lodging, 5492 County Road 201, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. Lodge suites, a cabin and unique tree house cabins. Breakfast voucher included for two nearby restaurants. $79-225.
- 2 Coblentz Country Cabins, 5130 Township Highway 359, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Cabins with jacczzi tubs, fireplaces, flat screen TVs with DVD, living rooms & kitchenettes. $85-249.
- Berlin Grande Hotel, 4787 Township Rd. 366, ☏ , toll-free: , ✉ email@example.com. Offers 78 guest rooms and suites, free wifi, and free breakfast buffet.
- Wallhouse Hotel, 2870 Cove Lane, Walnut Creek, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Check-in: 3PM, check-out: noon. Some amenities include: complimentary full hot breakfast buffet, indoor saltwater pool and whirlpool, patio with firepits, boardroom, conference room.
- Oak Ridge Inn, 4845 Milo Drive, Township Road 403 Walnut Creek, ☏ , toll-free: , ✉ email@example.com. Check-in: 3PM, check-out: 11AM.
- Berlin Heritage Inn, 4703 State Route 39, Berlin, OH 44610, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Discover a Downtown Berlin, OH Hotel! Centrally located in Ohio’s Amish Country, our clean and comfortable Berlin, OH hotel is within walking distance of charming downtown. Formerly Zinck’s Inn, our newly renamed Berlin Heritage Inn is run by the same friendly and knowledgeable staff! We are always happy to give suggestions and are well informed about the area, including the best local Amish Country shops, restaurants, and activities. Relax and unwind while enjoying the view of the rolling hillsides behind our inn, or utilize the complimentary WiFi along with our business center in the lobby to get some work done.
- Lodging on the Square, 4877 W Main St, Berlin, OH 44610, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. Stay in the Heart of Downtown Berlin, OH! Lodging on the Square is conveniently located near the center of downtown Berlin’s charming shopping district. Take a short walk and enjoy shopping at charming boutiques and businesses, or find your new favorite restaurant! Our hotel is right next to the “Music on the Square” stage, so be sure you don’t miss the free concerts every Friday from June through October (weather and schedule permitting). Find out why Lodging on the Square is rated as one of the top Amish Country hotels.
- Berlin Carriage House, 5453 East St, Berlin, OH 44610, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. A Romantic Amish Country Getaway! Enjoy the quiet and romantic relaxation of the Berlin Carriage House, located in the Heart of Ohio’s Amish Country. We are located within walking distance of a variety of quaint shops and restaurants in downtown Berlin. Stay in comfortable accommodations situated in a quiet residential neighborhood with views of a lush open meadow. Watch for cattle wandering by, or the occasional passing of an Amish buggy on their way to town for their weekly shopping trip.
|Routes through Berlin|
|Columbus ← Jct W E ← Millersburg ←||W E||→ Brewster → Canton|
|Mansfield ← Millersburg ←||W E||→ Sugarcreek → Dover|