Sugar Creek is a village in Tuscarawas County, Ohio. With eight Swiss cheese factories nereby, Sugarcreek is recognised as the center of Swiss Cheese Industry in Ohio. It is located in the rolling hills of Tuscarawas County, 18 miles east of Millersburg on State Route 39. This is the area first settled by the Amish in Ohio.
From I-77 take SR 39 west.
- Alpine Hills Museum & Information Center, 106 West Main Street, toll-free: . March - November: M-Sa 9AM-4:30PM. A great museum dedicated to educating visitors about the Amish, Swiss immigrants, and their importance in Sugarcreek. Exhibits feature recreations of typical Amish scenes, arrowheads, buggies, tools, differing bonnet styles from various Amish communities, and Swiss instruments, including alphorns. Displays are accompanied by descriptions and/or audio clips. It may seem like a tourist trap, but the information and displays inside are actually well worth seeing. There is no admission fee, but they request donations.
- Collectors Decanters & Steins, 119 East Main Street, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. More than 3,000 decanters and steins.
- John S. Yoder Home, 116 Andreas Dr, ☏ . May - Oct: noon to 5 PM. Other tours can be arranged via phone. A former Amish residence built in 1869.
- Ohio Swiss Festival, ☏ . Last weekend in September. Swiss music, polka bands, wine and cheese tasting, parades, sauerkraut sandwiches. Free.
- Swiss Valley Trolley. May - Oct: Th-Sa 10AM-4PM. Ride on a horse-drawn trolley and listen to your driver talk about the area and the Amish.
- Swiss Village Time Shop, 126 South Factory Street, ☏ . (Note: Amish do not participate in Daylight Savings Time)
- The Budget, P.O. Box 249, 134 N. Factory St., Sugarcreek, OH 44681, ☏ , fax: . Amish/Mennonite Newspaper - printed in English- weekly paper. Ask for the Amish Edition, same price, more info.
- visit the consignment store behind the grocery store, for local crafts. A bit hard to find, but worth the effort.
- Dutch Valley Restaurant, 1343 Old Route 39, ☏ . Home-style Amish cooking
- Bags Sports Pub Sugarcreek, 136 Main St, ☏ .
- [dead link] Paula's Country B&B, 855 Dover Rd NW, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. $85.
- Edelweiss Inn, 136 E Main St, ☏ .
- Carlisle Village Inn, 1357 Old Route 39 NE, ☏ .
- Dutch Host Inn, 1021 Dover Rd NE, ☏ .
- Swiss Village Inn, 206 Factory St SE, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. $50-90.
- Carlisle Inn, 1357 Old Route 39, ☏ , toll-free: . $79-329.
- Sugarcreek Library, 120 S Broadway, ☏ .
|Routes through Sugarcreek|
|Mansfield ← Berlin ←||W E||→ Dover → New Philadelphia|